Foreigners

Estelle was walking meditatively around the streets of London that day, considering it was cloudy because of the onset of winter.

She and the other servants had just recently acquainted themselves with the young master's city townhouse, as he was working on another case that necessitated being in town much more often than usual. Being herself, she naturally wanted to know what the assignment was, and was immediately shown an offending letter by the so-called 'Indian savages'.

It put the Brits in a very unflattering light, ending with a signature that looked very much like a tongue stuck out by a five-year-old. Estelle frowned at the sight of it. If the culprit was actually an 'Indian' (which he both was and wasn't), the symbol's meaning would be completely different. It reminded her of Kali's mythological rampage after the killing of a rakshasa, where it was a sign from one asking forgiveness. She really didn't know why nobody figured it out, though she reflected that prejudice blinds peole to the most obvious things.

Personally, the vampire found the Hindus a source of fascination, going so far as to go to India herself once though she often had to keep herself very much secluded during her very brief (according to her, a conceivable decade was a short amount of time) stay. Sunlight and phenomenal heat worked terribly on her, and she had to sadly end her new human alias with illness, her least favorite way of 'dying'.

Such a scene involved looking horrible each and every step of the way, and the girl was loathe to forgo a good first impression on a fellow Death Dealer for such a trivial thing. But her kind always favored the colder climes, and so she had next to no worries about such a thing while in India. Really, their culture was so diverse; if Estelle were human, she would have gladly spent her life simply decoding all the meaning to their prayers and rituals. Learning Sanskrit was especially worth the effort and sleepless days.

She was just as curious as the two males about the whole scenario, though overall she believed it to be none of her business since it would be solved eventually. Estelle perked her ears, however, when she heard a commotion somewhere ahead. (Yes, she had taken to walking in the less savory parts of the city in her spare time)

Ciel and Sebastian were surrounded by Hindu men, all looking severely more ratty and less scrupulous than even the demon butler. His looks would never intimidate the foolish humans, though even dogs knew better than to judge a man by his looks. The vampire sighed softly to herself, then looked around curiously.

If she got the manga right, Lau was supposed to be somewhere nearby. Did he hide already? she thought with a sweatdrop.

Just as things were going so well with the confrontation, Soma's voice penetrated the air and made the girl'e eye twitch. Just knowing what was going to happen already made her feel tired. Perhaps even have a small migraine coming on before the day was over.

Of course like all the other preceding events, Soma and his Agni ultimately sided with the young Earl and Lau crept out from wherever just in time to hear the introductions. The young master was grumbling about his companion's uselessness despite his skill just as the vampire decided to enter the scene.

"Now now, young master, you should not be nursing frown lines at such a young age," Estelle gently rebuked as she stood beside Sebastian. Ciel just kept frowning up at her, and Lau looked at the girl curiously.

"Ahhhh~ a new servant, I see~" the Chinese man drawled 'innocently'. "Perhaps she could be induced to working for me instead-"

The man's hand was sharply slapped away from Estelle's shoulder by Sebastian, who matched the vampire's terrifying smile as she replied, "I'm afraid I have to decline, Mr. Lau. My employment was completely by choice, and I do not wish to end my service so quickly to such a kind master." Sebastain's eyes glinted ever so slightly at the little white lie, but held his composure enough to keep from laughing. Estelle then looked for something else to entertain her.

Agni's gaze caught her attention next. He seemed so rapt and still as he watched her, unable to consciously pay attention to what his master said until he saw him walking away. Estelle giggled lightly at his love-struck eyes, and he blushed furiously despite his dark skin before turning around and running after his prince.

Estelle giggled again, catching the demon's attention.

"What's so funny, Estelle?" he asked curiously. "Nothing you need to worry yourself about," the vampire offhandedly replied, knowing it simply made him worry about it more. She had done it way too many times before not to be worried about.

The girl hoped that their impending stay would be as entertaining as she hoped it would be or there would have been no worth to her even staying in the first place. Boredom was not on her bucket list.