Bloody Conversations

By sunset the next night, the vampire had worked out a little routine with her new 'employer'.

By day, she was the man's assistant, doing autopsies and readying the bodies for burial. Having embalmed one of her sisters before she was turned, Estelle was pretty good at it.

The night was all hers.

Though Undertaker sometimes creeped her out with his humor, she was learning to actually like the guy. He was easy to get along with, not to mention they weren't that far from each other in terms of age.

Knowing that the showdown between The Queen's Watchdog and Jack the Ripper was going to begin, Estelle walked out of the morgue and immediately took to the rooftops. She smelled the blood before she did the demon and his master, making the vampire raise an eyebrow as she went. That reaper was certainly one for excess.

She reached the scene just when Madame Red was being revealed, and sighed loudly to draw attention to her presence. "Really, how can I challenge you to a proper duel when you barely give me the time of day?" she complained loudly as she jumped down. "I never knew you demons would be so uncooperative. It's simply rude." Landing quietly on all fours like a cat, she stood up straight and observed her potential opponents.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes, standing protectively over his young contract. The vampire scoffed. "Even I know better than to steal your dinner, Faustian." He relaxed only slightly, knowing what she said to be true.

"Sebastian, who is she?" Ciel asked at the sight of her eyes. They unnerved him; she was clearly inhuman.

"A vampire, young master," the demon replied with an expression of distaste. "Death Dealers, as they refer to themselves. They foul up a human soul to create one of their own kind, making them vitually poisonous to demons."

"And useless to us Reapers," Grell huffed. "Good thing very few of them can be created anyway."

Estelle smiled cutely at the confusion in Ciel's face. "One requirement to be a Death Dealer is the sheer will to live making your soul resist a reaping and remain in the body. When you are turned, only part of your soul remains from the process, and you lose all memories of your previous human life. I myself don't particularly know how I died, though being buried does give me a clue. Oh, it wasn't uncomfortable," she interjected at the sight of the young Earl's shudder, "just tiring. A starving vampire child should not be digging themselves out so soon after their Awakening. They'd attack anything," the girl ended with a wicked grin showing off her fangs.

"Enough chitchat," the red-haired reaper said, holding his chainsaw up high. "If you are here to keep me away from my Bassy, I will never forgive you!"

The girl raised an eyebrow again at Sebastian. "Bassy?" she inquired, amused.

The demon scowled at her, before turning to the young master. "Well? What are you waiting for?" Ciel demanded. Sebastian bowed formally as only a butler did. "Yes my Lord," he intoned, his eyes glowing red.

"OooooH!" Estelle squealed delightedly. "I get to see a show!"

The human boy looked askance at her. "What?" the girl crossly replied to him. "I've always wondered how a Reaper would do against a demon. They've rarely had encounters in the human world, you know."

Meanwhile, Madame Red had been sneaking her way past the two butlers, knife in hand. Raising it high over Estelle, she prepared to deliver the killing blow.

Casually, the vampire turned and caught the knife in her bare hand. Blood ran down the blade, flowing onto the cobblestones. The two men stiffened at the sight of it, while the humans simply stared as if fascinated.