8.

A/N: super unedited so sorry for any mistakes. Also, I planned to do this book only from Athena's POV. Idk if thats a good idea. What do you all think?

Athena Kelly

I sat in church trying to pay attention to what the guest preacher was saying. For some reason I couldnt stay focused. My mind would continuously wonder off.

I was scared for Amaru. Something just didnt seem right about the Sonnie dude. It was like when it came to him, she forgot about any common sense she possessed. That wasnt good.

Amaru was a people pleaser. She would probably do whatever he wanted just to make him happy. Especially since she was getting money out of him.

The doors opened and out of curiosity, which I seemed to have alot of these days, I turned around to see who was coming in. "Touch your nose" my mom mumbled jokingly under her breath. I laughed slightly and turned around deciding to mind my business.

I played with my fingernails as the sermon went on. A joke was told that only the old people understood and a plethora of Amens and laughs echoed throughout the place. At the same time that the preacher continued on with the lesson, someone sat down on the other end of the pew.

The person was familiar from my peripheral so I looked to my right to see who it was.

It was Cato. I was confused. The way Mrs. Grimes talked, he never liked to attend church. So why was he here today? He looked nice. I can tell he had a fresh haircut and he now had his hair braided on top. He had on a short sleeved button up shirt with some black jeans and some shoes that looked a tad bit too expensive for me to even know the name of.

I didnt notice that I was full on staring at him until he looked over and smiled at me. I felt my stomach twist in knots as I turned back towards the front of the room. I wasnt looking at him anymore but I could feel his eyes on me every once in a while. I felt uncomfortable so I stood and tapped my mom so I could get past her to go to the bathroom.

I walked out and down the hallway into the bathroom. There were two. There was one with stalls and a regular single one down the hall. I went inside the single one because I was trying to calm myself down. For some reason I felt my nerves getting worked up.

As I was taking deep breaths, someone knocked on the door. I took that as a sign that I had been in here too long. I opened the door to leave but I was pushed back in and in came the devil. Cato.

He closed and locked the door. My eyes widened. "What are you doing? Why are you even in here? Why are you here at all?" I rambled. If I got caught in this bathroom with him, I was dead.

He just stood, leaned against the door smirking at me. "You dont have a phone?"

"No" I responded quickly hoping the quicker he said what he had to say, the faster this would go.