29. Part One

A/N: Unedited. Yall might hate me a little for this chapter :(((( Its REALLY short because I split it in two. I don't like having more than two POVs in one chapter. I'll try to get the second part up either tonight or tomorrow. I'd like to thank 6WaveShawt for this amaaaazing new book cover!!! 💓💓💓You guys go check out her writing!!!

Melanie(Tootie)

I wasn't a fan of gettin' into other folks business. Shit just wasn't my thing. I hated bein' nosey. I hated doin' shit for people.

But I felt like this was somethin' I had to dig my hands into. I couldn't sit and watch Sonnell fuck up this girl's life.

It took alot for me to take a liking to somebody because of all the shit i've endured in my life. This was a rare instance and I ain't really care about my dumb ass pride. I had to push it out the way or my conscience was gonna constantly eat away at me. I would feel like one guilty muhh'fucka. I couldn't live like that.

I watched him cook cheese eggs as he rapped the lyrics to some Kodak Black song. I swear Sonnie was the corniest nigga when you get past his thug ass facade.

"You done chef-in' up?" I asked with a chuckle.

He kissed his teeth. "Why you even here? Ain't you got shit to do?"

"Sage handlin' it for me. I had to come talk to you 'bout somethin'" I said to him.

He slid his eggs onto a plate and put some bacon on it. "Talk."

I cleared my throat. "Why are you doin' this to her? I know you don't want shit gettin' out about you fuckin' with her and gettin' her pregnant but I know you and I know you ain't gonna let her go." There was money involved for my sister so there was no way in hell to talk her out of doing the abortion. It would be messin' with her income.

Sonnie smiled. This nigga ain't shit. "You right."

"Why won't you let her go?"

"She bait" he answered.

"Bait for what? You messin' up this girl's life for what?" I asked. I was deadass confused.

"Don't worry 'bout it and who life don't I fuck up?" he said.

I sighed. There was no getting through to him. "Let her go home. She got a family lookin' for her."

He shook his head no. "Too big of a risk."

"So you gone keep her cooped up in that house for how long?"

"As long as I feel is necessary" he shrugged.

I scoffed and got up. I didn't want to hear nothin' else the man had to say. I obviously had to do this the hard way.

---

"Did you bring food? I'm starving. Sage is mean as hell" Amaru complained as soon as I walked in the room.

"Yeah, here" I handed her the Chik-fil-A bag and sat down.

"Thank you so much" she started diggin' in. "My sister hates Chik-fil-A."

I gave her a crazy look. "Your sister mentally ill or somethin'? Whats wrong with her?"

She laughed. "Thats what I say to her all the time."

"Shorty wildin'" I shook my head in disappointment.

"Yeah, I miss her. I wouldn't be in this mess if I had listened to her. She's always right" she frowned.

I looked over at Sage who was leaned against the dresser on the other wall. "You can dip. We good here" I told him.