26.

A/N: i'm getting my groove back. Thank you guys for being patient. 💓 Out of excitement to get this up, I didn't edit. i'll fix any mistakes later though. And also, some of yall gotta shoot me a clean ass fade cause yall be leaving the most disrespectful comments 🙃 #justsayin. Amaru(Jordyn Woods) in MM.

Amaru Kelly

I sat in the middle of the bed in silence. I was beyond miserable. I was depressed. I was ready to go home. A few days had past and Melanie had warmed up to me. Or more like, I had warmed up to her. She wasn't a bad person really.

"Did you eat today?" she asked me as she walked into the room. I noticed her hair was blue today.

I slowly shook my head no. I wasn't feeling up to eating anything.

"I have some snacks if you want some" she threw a bag on the bed. I nodded but didn't bother reaching for it.

She stared at me for while before speaking. "I think I could help you."

I quickly looked over at her. "You can?"

"I didn't say I can. I said I could but that doesn't mean I am. I'm not sure yet if I want to put myself on the line for you. For all I know, you could be playing me" she said nonchalantly but I knew she was bluffing. In the past few days I had learned that she acted super hard on the outside but she was really a huge softy.

"I'm not playing you, I promise" I chuckled.

"The most I can do at the moment is postpone this for you. I know i'm definitely able to persuade my sister to push it back" she said to me.

My eyes widened and hope struck my heart. "Are you serious? Please say you are?"

She sighed. "I am but dont speak of this to anybody okay? If Sonnie pops up here at all, act like you have no idea why you're even here still."

I nodded slowly. "Is there anyway you can help me get away from here?" I asked bravely.

She shook her head no. "That, i'm not too sure about now."

I sat quietly thinking about how I would come up with a plan to leave. Melanie's voice knocked me out of my thoughts. "I'm only helping you because I know how it feels."

I looked at her confused. "What you mean?"

"I went through the same shit. Got pregnant when I was sixteen though. Fuck boy didn't want anything to do with me after I told him. It was slightly different though. My mama forced me to get the abortion" she confessed to me. "It was either that or I was homeless."

"My mom threatened to kick me out. My dad saved me" I mumbled sadly, thinking once again about how I had disappointed him.

"Thats fucked up..." she trailed off with a frown."Life is some fucked up shit."

"Tell me about it" I laughed.

"Whats your family like? Mine is shitty" she asked me while taking a bag of Cheetos out of the bag of snacks she had brought in. "Didn't you say you had a sister?"

"Yeah, she's honestly the only person that actually cares about me if we're being honest. My mom was never fond of me because of how problematic I tend to be. My dad loves me to death but i'm not too sure about now" I told her.

"Welp, better to have a dad you can fix shit with than no dad at all" Melanie shrugged and ate another Cheeto.

"You grew up without a dad?" I asked her.