9.

Unedited

Athena Kelly

Twenty whole minutes.

Thats how long I had been sitting out front waiting on Cato. My sister stayed with me the first ten but then got antsy and went off to her friend's house. I was aggitated and had half a mind to just go home at this point. I'd give it ten more minutes.

"Aye you seen where yo sister went?" I looked up seeing Boyd looking down at me.

I shook my head no. He sat down beside me. "You look pretty today. I like yo hair like that" he grinned.

"Thanks" I replied simply seeing Cato's car rolling up. I stood up. Boyd stood too.

"Who you waiting on?" he asked me.

"None of your business."

He sucked his teeth. "This why nobody try to be friends with you. You so stuck up. Humble yoself, that shit not cute."

I rolled my eyes and ignored him as Cato's car pulled up in front of me. I heard Boyd walking away as I got in.

"You're lucky. I was about to leave" I said to Cato. He didnt respond. Instead he started driving and turned down his music a bit.

When he stopped at a light, he looked over at me. "I had some business to take care of. Coulda told you if you hadda phone."

"Are you going to continuously bring that up?" I asked him with an eye roll.

He smiled and licked over his lips. "You got a lot of attitude."

"I don't. You just get on my nerves" I said truthfully.

He chuckled as he started driving again.

After a while, we pulled up at a house. It was super nice from the outside. I wondered if it was his. He got out of the car. I sat wondering if I should as well.

He walked around to my side and opened the door. "You gone get out? I doubt 'chu wanna sit in this hot ass car all afternoon" he said with a smirk. Everytime he smirked I edged closer and closer towards wanting to slap him.

I grabbed my backpack and got out, following him into the house. The inside was even nicer than the outside. Everything was industrial styled and there was a black and white color scheme.

"Leave your shoes at the door" Cato said after taking off his own. He walked over to the couch and sat down. I took a seat on the couch after he did. He then grabbed his laptop and powered it on. I just sat quietly, wondering what he wanted from me.