30. Part Two

A/N: Cato in the MM. I was too excited to edit this lmao. Excuse any mistakes please. Did anyone just watch TALES? It was sooooo good.

Cato Willis

I got the news in the middle of the damn day. Just chillin' on my couch and I get a call lettin' me know my brother was dead. I ain't know what was worse, the fact that he was gone or the fact that I knew it was my fault. I knew Sonnie wasn't bluffin' when he said I had two weeks for the deal we made. My time was up and I knew it was him who sent the niggas after my fam. I also knew the shit wouldn't have happened if I was never even in business with his stupid ass.

I tried to stop blamin' myself. I was tryin' so damn hard but the situation all boiled down to me and the shit I was involved with. My grandma was never gone let me live this shit down. She was destined to hit a big ass "I told you so". I was already prepared for that shit.

I knocked on her door and a few seconds went by before it slowly opened revealin' my grandma starin' at me wit' a straight face. I knew she had been cryin' cause she looked pale and dead in the face. She looked like she did the only other time I ever seen her cry which was when my mama overdosed and almost died some years ago. "What do you want?" she mumbled with her arms crossed.

I pushed past her into the house. "I came to see how ya'll holdin' up." She closed the door behind me and followed me into the livin' room. I sat on the couch and she stood in the middle of the floor by the coffee table with her arms crossed again, glarin' at me.

The air was thick and tense and it was makin' me uncomfortable as shit so I spoke. "Where Lily at?"

"Sleep" she answered. I nodded.

"Chase?"

"Drum practice."

I nodded and rubbed my hands together. Her house was cold as fuck.

"You did this" I heard her say. I knew it was comin' sooner or later.

"I ain't pull the tri-" I started to plead my case but she cut me off.

"I don't care about your excuse! You didn't pull the trigger but you brought about the situation that ended his life!"

"You know I ain't even mean to. You think I wanted this shit to happen?!"

"Lower your voice and watch your tone when you speak to me" she scolded with her finger pointed at me. "Of course I think you wanted this to happen but it did, and its all your fault."

I opened my mouth to speak but she stopped my ass before I could even start. She was startin' to get emotional. I knew cause her eyes was gettin' glossy like she was finna cry. Lord knows I hate seein' people cry, especially women.

"I told you so many time. I warned you over and over that this was going to bit you in the ass. I told you how real karma was. I told you to keep this away from us. I asked you to stay away from us all together! Now look at what happened!" tears started fallin' down her face. She wiped 'em away and sniffled. "Your mama already going through it trynna rid herself of the demons she already got. How am I supposed to tell her she lost a child?! God forbid she get back on that stuff!"

I just stayed quiet cause I hated when she was right about shit and I wasn't 'bout to argue wit' her.

"I don't even know why you got involved in that anyway. You see what it did to your mama" she sniffled some more. She thought I just sold dope. She ain't know what I really did.