...Afia

Quick A/N: I wrote Afia in first point of view enjoy:)

Chapter 3

Afia

Three days.

That's how long it has been since the tutoring sessions has been going on between Benja- I mean (He hates it when I call him Benjamin because he says it reminds him of Benjamin Franklin.) Ben and I. And to be completely honest I was loving every minute of it, even though it has been a struggle to teach him because he has the attention span of a five year old. Every time he and I started to get somewhere he would some how veer off to some other subject.

"Hey Afia." Ben said coming up to my locker and leaning against the locker next to me.

"Hey Benj-Ben." I said quickly correcting myself.

"I just wanted to say thanks," He then pulled out a test score that had a 77 scribbled in the top right corner with red pen. "I couldn't have done this without you."

"It's no problem." I said going back to an old habit of mines which is tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"And in no time my coach will get off my ass about my grades."

"Even better."

"Right. But I have to get to class I will see you later." He said giving me a jaw dropping smile and then walking off.

I wanted to bang my had against the locker. 'even better?' seriously Afia. But the bell rung stopping me from giving myself a concussion.
...

There I sat looking at my paper but imagining about him like a crazed fan. I mean it was hard enough that I literally lose all my train of thought when he looks at me but now when he talks to me I just freeze up like a popsicle. To any other person passing by they would think I was a crazy person who needed some xanax and a crazy house.

"Hey Afia I was wondering if I could see what you got for number four." Jessie,the girl who only talks to me just so she can get my answers, said. I handed her the paper and leaned my head into my hand and let my mind wonder off to the boy with the charming smile.

The bell rung and I was quickly gathering my things when a vibration from my pocket stop me. I took the phone out and saw that it was from an unkown number.

'I missed you'

It read. I didn't know how to respond to the text message so I responded,

'Who is this'

'Akua and Angelo.'

I paused and another text came,

'We need to talk.'

I rushed from the classroom to a nearby bathroom in record speed. I checked to see if anyone occupied the stalls and then I called the number to have a conversation that has been waiting to be had since the day she left.

"Hello." I said my eyes stinging from tears.

...

I looked blankly at the multi-colored leaves that were mixed with dressing and that has not been touched since I bought it from the lunch line ten minutes ago. The conversation played over and over in my head and every time it did the more I wanted to scream and throw the damn lunch across the lunch room. Anger laced through my veins like the blood that pumped through it, fast. I got up and threw the lunch in the trash and walked out of the noisy lunchroom.

Not paying attention to where I was going I ran into a toned chest.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to whoever I ran into with my head down and I was about to stepped around them when they grabbed my arm and said,"Are you ok Afia."