Chapter 23

A/N: Second to last chapter...

------

Chapter 23

Afia P.O.V.

The door opened and expecting to see Ben, but an alligator smile and cat eyes that all belonged to Muffy opened the door.

"What do you want?" Muffy said leaning against the door.

"What else would I be here for?" I said crossing my arms.

"Well he is out, so you can come in and wait." She said moving out of the way and letting me in.

"Jesus darling, you have been gaining weight quicker than a turkey before thanksgiving." Muffy said twirling her hair and looking me up and down.

"Well aren't you lovely." I muttered sitting on the couch, she sat next to me and began filing her nails annoyingly.

"I am stating facts hun'." She smiled.

I rolled my eyes and sat quietly choosing not to start a banter with her, I had way too much to think about.

"What brings you here anyway?"

"If you must know I need to tell Ben something."

"Is it important?"

"I wouldn't come over this late if it wasn't."

She stopped filing her nails and she stared at me for a moment and she looked me up and down again before her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and she yelled, "You're pregnant."

How in the hell could she have known it wasn't like I was showing or anything so how in the hell could she put it together, with the two brain cells she had, that I was pregnant.

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean Kailey told me that you damn near threw up in class the other day and you have been gaining weight but I didn't think the innocent Afia could get pregnant, is it Ben's?"

"I am not pregnant, maybe you have been inhaling too much nail polish remover or something because I am defiantly not pregnant." I said in defense, But I should have known Muffy still had the whole school wrapped around her finger like a shoelace.

"Oh hun' I may not be the sharpest, but even the stupidest could see that you are pregnant, so is it Ben's?"

I rolled my eyes and huffed, "Yes Muffy I am pregnant, are you happy, the innocent black girl got pregnant."

"Is it his?"

"Yes, who else would it be."

"I don't know who you screw around with."

"Your so fucking conceited."

"I tell the truth."

"When will Ben be home?"

"Not for another thirty minutes."

"Tell him I will call him." I said getting up.

"Before you go, you should know something, I mean we have been keeping this from you for a while now."

I stopped and turned around, "Who do you mean by we?"

"Ben and I of course." She said in a 'duh' tone.

I could not do this again, this was not the right time nor the right moment, I don't want to hear from her what he has been keeping from me.

"What is it Muffy?" I said through clenched teeth, capable of pretty much anything right now.