Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ben P.O.V.

Fuck.

What in the hell had gotten into me? Maybe when I saw her searching for me in the crowd, or when I saw her in the library, probably when she kissed me in the gym and I thought her lips were so fucking soft. I don't know what it was but I did know I wanted to do it again, just to fill those lips against mine. How in the hell could she do that, just make me forget all my thoughts and make me think about her solely, no one has ever done that before not even Muffy. But she did, what made her so different?

I pulled into my driveway and got out the car and saw that the lights were on, what the hell? My mother would be sleep now and my father would still be out at his 'meeting', which was code for too busy fucking his secretary, so what the hell was going on. I walked into the house very cautiously. I looked into the living room and saw my father sitting there with a glass of his whiskey and Elijah and Muffy. My eyes widened at the sight before me.

The hell was going on, they were not supposed to be arriving for another week. When my presence was known, my father said, "We have been waiting for you."

"Yeah I-uhm yeah I had to drop Afia off." I said still shocked.

"The mystery girl." Muffy said one hand on Elijah's shoulder.

"Oh, Muffy I thought we were going to be nice." Elijah chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and sat my bag down by the door.

"You will meet Afia tomorrow for the welcome home party we are throwing for the two of you." My father explained taking a sip of his drink.

Damn, how was I going to tell her that Elijah and Muffy arrived earlier than expected after what happened in the car.

My father then looked at me and said, "How did the football game go?"

"It went good, I made the winning touchdown." I said not taking my eyes off Elijah who was giving me a smirk.

"Ah, that's my boy." He said nodding.

I wanted to be far away from the two so I rushed up the stairs taking them two at a time. Putting distance between them I finally arrived in my room and threw my things on a chair. Falling on the bed I let my head hit the pillow and closed my eyes. A knock on my door caused me to open them, "Come in."

Muffy's face appeared and it caused my eyes to roll. "What do you want?" I said sitting up.

"I had to come check on you, I mean I know we didn't leave things on that good of terms." She said sitting next to me causing me to drown in her scent.

"Oh, when you said you were fucking my brother and that he did everything for you that I could not do." I snapped.

"Are you still mad darling?" She said placing a perfectly manicured hand on mine.

"You got some nerve." I said standing.

"What, you were always my first love and I's yours." She said innocently batting her eyelashes.

"What are you trying to get at?" I frowned.

"When you are done with high school we can be together." She said looking at her nails in a bored expression.

I clenched my jaw at the bullshit that I was hearing, "I have a girlfriend."

"Oh, honey no you don't Kailey told me you just couldn't move on from me and I understand." She said standing up and placing her hands on my shoulders.