Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ben (third POV)

It was Wednesday and it did not take a fucking genius for people to realize that Ben was nervous but what he was nervous about was meeting Afia's parents. From what he was told about them, he already didn't like them and what ran passed his mind these two days was if it was really this serious, did he want to get back at Muffy and Elijah this fucking bad? But every time he saw that devilish grin that was thrown his way while he was driving off with his first love sent him over the edge.

So there he sat in second period not even bothering to do his work or listen to his teacher, his mind was not on what the hell he needed to learn on how to cite evidence for a damn essay he probably won't even do until  twenty minutes before it's suppose to be turned in.

"Hey man, are you ok?" Ryan said giving him a worried look.

Ryan had been Ben's best friend since they were in second grade, Ben punched the school bully in the nose when he pushed Ryan off of the monkey bars. So every since then Ryan and Ben had been best friends.

Before Ben could come up with a lie Ryan said, "Is it about Afia?"

It freaked Ben out that Ryan could easily find this out just by him frowning and biting of the lips. "How did you know?"

"Well it doesn't take a lot to see that you guys have been growing closer since she started tutoring you." He shrugged. Damn, I guess it was that easy.

Not wanting to give away his true emotions he calmly said, "Well I'm meeting her parents."

His eyes widened and he blurted out, "What the hell!" Ryan's loud voice turned heads and few threw glares their way and others gave them curious glances. Ryan closed his mouth and opened it as if he wanted to say something but he settled for, "You haven't since-"

"Yeah I know Muffy." Ben cut him off already knowing how it ended.

"I mean are you sure about this, it is kind of soon." Ryan said making a valid point but Ben really had no choice, he just couldn't let Afia down.

"Yeah well I am serious about her." Ben said hoping Ryan won't push anymore.

"You know this after a week?" He said not bothering to hide his skepticism. And there goes Ryan making another point. It took him a good six months before he could meet Muffy's parents and even when he did, it only lasted for five minutes.

"She is different man."

"You don't do parent's Ben."

"Well I would do anything for her and she wants me to meet her parents." Ben said suddenly becoming interested in the worksheet.

Ryan was quiet for a moment and then he got up and left the classroom, before the teacher could say anything the door was slammed closed. What the hell was his problem, Ryan never cared about who Ben was dealing with even when he was with Muffy.

"Is everything ok with Ryan?" The teacher said unknown to the conversation that had been had.

"Yeah he is fine just a family emergency." Ben said curious to what was his problem.

---

She ran a hand through her hair and she was looking down at her notebook and writing something oblivious to what was happening around her. Afia looked more stressed than usual, well she had been stressed this passed week.

"What are you writing?" Ben said sitting down.

She looked up and gave Ben a easy smile and said, "Oh it's nothing just some homework."