Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Ben P.O.V.

Sleep has not been coming easy to me lately, mostly because Afia has been running through my mind, nothing has changed since the day that we were in front of her locker, she was still with him. I could feel things getting worse by the minute. I just don't understand what is the hold that Ryan has on these girls, is it fear, or love, or hell with him it could just be both.

"Everyone wants you downstairs." Muffy said popping her head into my room, we had barely spoke since the day that I told her that what we had going on was through and I wanted nothing to do with her, of course she still made advances towards me because that's how Muffy was, she hated when things did not go her way.

I nodded my head and got out my bed and followed her downstairs before we reached the end of them she stopped me and said, "I don't love him Ben."

I stared at her for a moment and for the first time I saw a human being in her eyes, "What does this have to do with me Muffy?"

"I made a mistake Ben I should have never left you." She said placing a hand on my chest.

"You never loved me or him the only thing you loved was yourself so tell me what's really going on?" I said flicking her hand away from my chest.

"It's nothing just come on." She snapped and walked away from me and I followed behind her until we got to the dining room and I saw everyone sitting at the table.

"What did you guys want?" I said sitting down.

"The wedding is coming up soon." My father said leaning forward.

"Ok." I said not knowing where this conversation was going to go.

"The top bloggers will be there and they are going to ask you questions-"

"Yeah and you want to me to say everything is peaches and cream and that I have nothing against this scam that you guys call a wedding." I said waving my hand dismissing the whole situation.

"Scam?" Elijah questioned.

"Scam." I confirmed.

"Ben be nice." My mother said shushing me.

"I am only telling the truth." I shrugged.

"What do you know about the truth," My father snapped, "The only truth you know is that I have been protecting your ass since you came out of your mothers wound, whenever you could not control your temper on and off the field Benjamin, so just do as I say and you do not have to worry about knowing the truth do I make myself clear." He said taking a sip of his drink.

"Don't worry father you don't have to keep saving my ass anymore because the one thing that you can't put your name to is football, I did that all on my own, those college offers I did that by myself, granted you have saved my ass from my temper but that's the only thing you did for me, not like your eldest son here who piggy backed off your name for years now and now that he is dead broke and facing embezzlement charges he wants to piggy backed off your name some more. Don't worry I will keep my mouth shut, as a matter of fact I will be dead silent because I am not going to the wedding." I said standing up and retreating to my room.

"You have to be there, people wil-" My mother said.

"Let them talk this wouldn't be the first the Waters had a scandal make the magazine covers." I said cutting her off and going back to my room.

I took the stairs two at a time and went into my room. My phone began ringing and I saw that it was Ashley I frowned and answered the phone, "Hello."