Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Afia P.O.V.

"Well Afia your tests came back, that you are indeed pregnant, and you just turned three weeks in fact," Doctor Tracy said looking up from the clipboard with a smile, "Congratulations."

"Thank you." I said forcing a smile.

"Just give me a few moments and we can give you an ultrasound and check on the baby." She said before leaving.

When the door closed, I let out a shaky breath, ever since I found out about being pregnant I can barely even think, it was like this child was strangling my brain. I looked down at my belly and closed my eyes, how in the hell was I going to tell Ben, I just can't let him go on and think that everything is fine.

"Let's see this baby and check to see if momma is healthy." The doctor smiled and pulled out the things she needed.

I watched her lay the things out not feeling like making small talk.

I guess she must have noticed my quietness because she turned to me and said, "Are you ok Afia?"

"Yeah, just nervous." I lied.

She saw right through me and said, "You seem like a brilliant girl Afia, so you would know that you have options, if you are not ready for a child that is fine, but it is your decision."

"I know my options and I want to keep this baby."

"You mean your baby."

"Yes, that to."

She looked at me with an eyebrow quirked and changed the subject, "Excuse my language but you look scared shitless, I see young girls like you every day and they think they have the responsibility to take care of another human being but four years into the child's life the child is neglected and is sent to a foster home."

"Well there is a different between those girls and me."

"And what is that?"

"I have accepted my responsibilities all my life and this- I mean my child is no different, so even if I have to let go of a fun college life or hell even a college life at all so be it."

"We should get to the ultra sound."

I nodded.

~~~

"I think it is going to be a boy." Ashley said looking down at the photograph.

"I-Ashley it's too early." I said lying down on my bed.

"Hey, when my mother's friend was pregnant, I called that the baby was going to be a girl only two weeks into the pregnancy and come to find out she was a girl and was named after me, so in my opinion I think I am sort of a baby guru."

"Well we will find out if these six senses of yours is actually true when I turn four months." I said hesitating towards the last part.

"We shall and I will be expecting a reward." She said flicking a piece of hair over her shoulders.

"Sure Ashley."

"Did you take your vitamins, it says here that you need to take prenatal." She said pointing at a line in the baby book."

"Yes, the doctor gave me a prescription." I said staring at the ceiling.

She paused for a minute before saying, "Have you told anyone?"

"What do you think?"

"I guess that is a no, but when are you I mean this is a big secret to keep."