Imagine#5:Amortentia

Y/N's P.O.V.

I was at the library,reading some reference books that might be helpful for my next class,hoping my free time would be spent productively.I got my head buried in a book but my thoughts seem to drift elsewhere.It you must know,I'll be turning sixteen soon,in four days time to be precise.But I wouldn't really expect much since I haven't got much friends here in Hogwarts,an oddity amongst students from the house of Slytherin.I never really liked showing off,ambition doesn't blend well in pride in my case.

"Here's the tea you asked."

I looked up to see Hermione Granger placing a good cup of Earl Grey tea in front of me.I thanked her and she sat three seats away from me.Yes,I'm friends with her.We had to be careful not to be seen being nice to each other.Which adds up more reason to hate my house.Gryffindors and Slytherins were always enemies,getting into each other's nerves.But not me and Hermione,we understand each other since I was adopted and raised by muggles.Her father was practically my dentist and we've been friends until my Uncle found me and took me in(and by took me in,I meant kidnapped).I was five by then,I was very much shocked to know that I could never be normal.I never had the chance to see my muggle parents ever again.I was a witch raised miles away from the world I belonged.

It was culture shock,I believe,that I felt in the first three months seeing things float all by itself with no good logical reason.It became a household rule to forget about Muggle life,by order of my Uncle.But he was very nice to me,it was my Aunt that was very disgusted seeing me like I was some street rat pulled out the sewage.Thankfully,she had move on and treat me better,learned to accept that I was family.

I learned magic early than intended,Uncle Brutus taught me and got me a wand before I even received my Hogwarts acceptance letter.My Aunt on the other hand,arranged all sorts of play dates with the Malfoys' son.I grew up seeing him thrice a week,but terribly fail on being very close with him.Though I could say we are friends,he has respect for me,serious when he's talking to me,his mood changes when speaking with me,and becomes formal whenever I'm around.He helps me when I need some help,does this and that whenever I ask him to,and never had he bugged me or called me names.He is kind to me and in return,I am kind to him.Intensionally,and slightly forcefully with regards from Aunt Josefine.

That's why even if I wanted to,I couldn't do him any harm whenever he does wrong to the golden trio.And I hate it that I can't stand for Hermione.

It naturally came to my senses that I needed to start walking to my next class.I said my goodbyes and left the library.On my way,I came across Thalia,my cousin.

"Hey,y/n.Mom and dad sent me a letter this morning,"she informed me.

"What does it say?"I asked eagerly since this would be the first time they had sent an owl within the school year.

"Something quite personally annoying.Mom put a spell on me not to tell you,she said she'll send you an owl too.That's the only time I could actually talk about it with you."

"Is it scary news?"

"Not for you,but mine is terrible.I almost threw up my breakfast!"she exclaimed.

"Good luck,then.I'll see you after class."

She nodded at my words and I took off.As I entered the classroom,I raced everyone to the backseat and did my best to earn points for my house.

After class,I found myself chatting with Luna Lovegood and other Ravenclaw students.And I must admit,I had something for clever boys.