Imagine#8P2:No friendship required

I did my best to avoid Draco Malfoy.I didn't really know if it's because I was upset for the things he said or if it's because I made him look like a fool.You have no idea how many times I mentally slapped and shouted at myself for thinking stupidly.My actions were timidly thought of and I am ashamed.Now,I'm the talk of my housemates.How I'm finally speaking my mind,doing things underground against my friends,and being a traitorous best friend.I feared this would happen.But I guess I'm too late and I'm feeling like I'm in first year again.Last name basis,we meet again.

I terribly sat alone in the great hall.A good five meters away from the nearest circle of friends to be precise.I felt miserable as I took glances at the trio at the Gryffindor table.Of all houses,you stupid old hat,why Slyhtherin?!

I feel so mad at myself right now.It would be great if I could just step foot at the top of the Astronomy tower.But knowing Draco,he'd be there.After all,he found it first before I did.

"Hey,l/n!"

I knew that voice and it just happens I don't want to deal with her either.

"I'm not in the mood,Pancy."

Suddenly,I was dragged from my collar and was pushed against the wall meeting with the ugliest pug face that walked the Earth.

"Is it true?You know,I never thought I'd be dealing with you.You swore to me that there was nothing between you and my Dracey,"she spat angrily.

"There aren't.We're not even friends anymore,"I whimpered from my back ache.

Surprise,surprise.Millicent Bullstrode is also here.Merlin,why does my best friend had to be a bloody smart heartthrob?

My hair was yanked.And a good tug right after as if my hair was gonna slip from my scalp.Not long after,I felt a painful sensation to my stomach,I believe it was a punch.Then,I was shoved to the ground making all my things scatter around the floor.My ink bottle broke,my books flying somewhere,my homework creased and folded.Oh,Snape would be pissed.

"Stop it,please!I regretted it,okay?It took its toll on me already.There's so much I lost,you have no idea,"I cried.

"Well,you lost me a good chance with him.Not to mention,you're his best friend.We could have been in good terms if you weren't just a bitch,"replied Pansy.

"Look who's talking!"

She slapped me.Real hard,square on the jaw.

"Hey!"someone shouted,"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Oh,Dracey!Thank goodness,you're here.She was hurting me!"squealed the pug.

Indeed,it was Draco with his eyes puffy and voice so husky I barely recognise it.He dragged Millicent away from me and placed my arm over his shoulder to help me up my feet.

"You're crazy,Parkinson!Knowing her,she was never the one to start a fight."

Draco dragged me away from the both of them before yelling,"You'll get in deep trouble for this,you pug-faced twats!"

He brought me in a spare room somewhere and sat me on one of the chairs.

"You could have just brought me to Madam Pomfrey,"I said with spite,"I still hate you,by the way."

"I know,"he spoke bluntly,"Thought I could just talk to you a bit.I missed you."

My heart was screaming.But alas,I told myself that I can never be that someone to him.I wanted to,but I'm just a selfish ass who doesn't deserve anyone at all.

"C'mon,y/n,"he pleaded,"You know that I say things that I don't mean sometimes."

"Of course,I do,"I whispered,"But it still hurts because it's true.I'm upset not just because of you but also myself.And like you said,how can you trust me again?I don't want to be friends with you ever.Not because you spoke ill of me but because I caused you pain in matters I could never understand.You're suppose to hate me,too.I'm friends with Hermione,that means I'm a blood traitor,right?"

He was suppose to be the one to say these things.In his perception,I am those things.It's how he would normally react,it's how his parents raised him.'Hate mudbloods and whoever befriends them' he had said once.That was a major rule in his gang.That's why I don't understand the way he's looking at me,like an injured puppy who was left by her master.

I couldn't look at his eyes but I watched him take the first aid kit from one of the cupboards.Draco took a soft cloth and poured some alcohol.He came close and started to clean a wound on my forehead that I haven't noticed before.It stung,but it was bearable.

"I'm sorry,okay?I really am."

I ignored him and continued to watch the floor.Soon,he had put a bandaid on my head and had stepped away.

"Do you forgive me?"he asked hopefully.

"Yes,"I say,"But like I said,we can never be friends again,Malfoy."

"But you're my only friend,"he whimpered,"Please.The others don't befriend me because of who I am.They were simply forced into this by father.Take away my riches,my parents,and what am I?You were the only person who understands me.I can't lose you."

"Put on your mask and you'll do just fine.I don't know who you are because I don't understand you.And I can't help you anymore,as it seems.You don't trust me,right?"

"Please,I didn't mean them.I told you..."

"If you didn't mean them,how can I know that you mean what you say now?"I answered.

He was very persistent.I was getting impatient,or rather guilty.I wanted to leave as soon as I can.Draco stared at me with his glossy eyes.I felt heartless.

"I guess I'll just see you around,"I say reluctantly before slipping out the classroom...never looking back.

***

It was finally Christmas.Most of the students were back home with their family.I didn't get to know who were left here from the other houses but I do know that in Slytherin,it was just me and Draco.

I already opened most of my gifts from under the tree in the common room.But compared to mine,Draco's were three times more.But he wasn't here yet.

"Hey,y/n."

I shot my head from the voice's direction.There was no thinking who it was but I was still surprised.He was holding a well-wrapped box with a red ribbon on top.

"It's for you,"he said.

He walked towards me slowly and reached out the present.

"I told you,Malfoy.We can't be fr-"

"I don't care.I bought it for you and I want you to take it.No friendship required."

Well,I took it.I felt sort of bad for not having something for him.I opened the gift carefully.It was a beautifully made necklace that spelled out my name,several gems over each letter.

"You have to take me seriously this time.I'm not asking you to be my friend anymore,"yup,surprise,surprise,"But I'm asking something more important from you.I don't expect you to return it but...the way I feel for you is unlike any friendship.I realised that now.And I was so stupid,so stubborn and selfish.I think I'm in love with you."

Well,shit.A bloody mistletoe just sprang out of nowhere.

Draco got closer as possible.I can feel his breath on my face.Without warning,he graced his lips on mine.They were soft,so sweet but cold.Eitherway,I hated myself for kissing him back.And I hated myself more for liking it.

"Perhaps,this explains why I was mad about you liking Potter."

"Well,you're an ass for thinking that way.Although,I did love someone all the way from first year.Though he's just really a cockroach for not realising."

"Who is it?"he asked worriedly.

I laughed,"Stop looking like an injured puppy.It's you."