Imagine#8:No friendship required

Y/N's P.O.V

I was known to be the weirdest of all Slytherins.Mostly because I didn't like mischief,or being a rival to Gryffindors,or the fact that I'm a pureblood who didn't come from a rich family.I wasn't power-hungry...not even close.And I always wondered why the hat put me here if not a reason to make our family an assorted mix of Gryffindor,Ravenclaw,Slytherin,Hufflepuff members,specifically in that order.

I'm in my fifth year and everything was becoming so....pink.I could only hope for the best.

It was a surprise that I even made it to Dumbledore's Army since I was Slytherin and I'm best friends with Draco Malfoy,rival of the founder-Harry James Potter.Ron also thinks I'm gonna do shit and blow things up.But the only person on my side of the case was Hermione Granger,a trustworthy friend of mine,and the daughter of my dentist.I shared a childhood with her since I lived with my muggle grandparents who happens to be the Granger's favourite customer.It was me and her when it's time for school shopping.

Draco on the other hand,I met him right here in Hogwarts.Unlike others,I'm nothing like his goons.I'm his genuine friend,we were once secret until he was comfortable enough to share the fact with the whole campus..I knew things that no one else knows,not even his parents.He trusted me the most and it brings us to my current problem.Draco asked me to join the Inquisitorial team for Umbridge.I couldn't agree or disagree at the moment since I haven't even mentioned that I was a part of what he was trying to sell out to the pink fat lady.

"I don't really think I can.I was just thinking to use all the free time to study for the O.W.L.S.,"I told him.

"It could be fun,you know.Also we get to hang out while I catch the git out of Potter,"he implied.

"Sounds justified,Draco.But you know me,I barely pass all my Divination exams."

"But you're smart enough,"he begs,"And we barely talk anymore."

For a moment,I thought I was going to give in as much as I was guilty for not telling him about joining Potter's organisation.But for now,I had to be a terrible best friend.

"I wish I could,Draco.You know I'd support you if I can.But all you're asking is for sport.If you really want to talk,just tell me."

I embraced him and I had a little sign of understanding when I felt him return the hug.

"I'll see you around,okay?"

I smiled at him,"See ya around,Ferret."

He gave me a playfully annoyed look before he walked away catching up to Filch.

***

The time came when all of the DA members were to meet again in the room of requirement.I was the bait,of course,since I was the only Slytherin.We all realised that all the entrance were each guarded by Umbridge's ellite team.We had to make a plan...and when I meant we,it was just me.

"Harry,we have to take the route where Draco is,"I said.

"Are you crazy?Are you gonna sell us out?"Ron piped in.

"Let her finish,Ronald.I trust her with my life,have a little consideration."Thank Merlin for Hermione Granger.

"Wait behind that curve.Wait for my signal,"I explained.