Imagine#21:But What About You

Y/N's P.O.V.

Once,I was greatly intimidated by Mr. Lucius Malfoy but seeing him in front of the Dark Lord...he cowered in fear and now he was pathetic. He was a loving husband and father, but he was also so full of himself and is unable to have decent friends.I hated him...and pitied him.

As those thoughts lingered in my mind, I couldn't help but see similarities and it all pointed to one person...to Lucius's son,Draco.

I excused myself from the dining hall in Malfoy Manor and everyone who sat on this god forsaken table.Countless muggles had died here...they were starting to pile up.I couldn't remember how long I've been here but I could still taste the bitter dread from the first step I took inside these marbled floors.The stairs seemed endless even though I knew Hogwarts had more flights than them.I practically dragged my feet against the carpet to Draco's room that forgot what sunlight felt like.

It was four times bigger than our dorm room in Hogwarts.And ten times more elegant.Everything was either velvet or gold.How rich are these people?

It was in the middle of the night but the wallpapers and the curtains made it seem much darker...as if I was being engulfed by a black hole.Yet I was not and Draco was in the middle of the room on a bed that could fit the entire Weasley family.

His silver orbs were focused in the ceiling,his white hair all tousled and messy heavily contrasting his deep blue pillows. I couldn't read what face he made.They were so still and so pale I thought he was dead.But I could tell from his eyes that he was drowning,sad,afraid,and relieved all at the same time.

Harry Potter and his friends had just escaped with a house elf.Draco was probably annoyed how his Aunt Bellatrix kept nagging at him like an angry master to a dog.I knew that disfigured face was Potter's...but Draco wouldn't tell anyone.If he had told them,Voldemort would have been so pleased or might have forgiven Lucius for his shortcomings.

This place used to be his home.Now,it's just a place where Voldemort holds him captive.

"Draco,"I say in almost a whisper,"Are you alright?"

It took him a while...but he eventually shook his head 'no'.

"Are you?"his voice came out hoarse.I immediately know he was holding back something painful.

"I suppose,"I lied.

I lay down beside him and joined his stare in the abyss. This was our hobby...something we did together in the entirety of our stay here.We didn't talk much like we used too.It was fine because we'd rather think together.But tonight, that wasn't his intention.

"Y/n,why did you come with me?"he begged to know for so long.

Why did I?

I could've stayed...remained neutral through my hearts content.I would have my dad tell school that I was staying home until it was safe.I might have celebrated my birthday at my nana's rather than here...or walk around muggle cities to indulge myself with their peculiar activities.

In the minds of those who remained in Hogwarts, I probably left with Draco because I wanted to be respected.I mean,it makes sense,doesn't it?I wasn't someone special on my own.Sure,my family was one of the sacred 28 but Fawleys aren't famous at all.Being acquainted with Draco gave me an opportunity.If I wanted to be feared,I had to come so I can finally live a better life.Make a name for myself,wave my wand without care if someone's life ended through one wicked spell.I'd finally learn to be confident and join ranks with the Dark Lord.I'll be pampered for the rest of my life using the riches of those who I murdered.Wouldn't that be nice?