Cute Boy-1

It was another routine day at college. Same old teachers, same old friends. New lessons obviously, but who's listening? Other than the toppers.

It's been over a month since I moved into this building, but I haven't made any friends yet. It's boring going for walks alone in the evening. I have seen a lot of kids my age hanging around, but I never got the courage to go up and introduce myself. I'd rather wait for them to come up to me and talk.

One night, I went down to the store to get something and I saw this really cute guy. He was a perfect blend of hot and cute. He did not once look up from his phone so he obviously had not seen me, which was a good thing because I was not dressed very attractively. Actually I was in a pair of old jeans and a really loose top which made me look fatter than I actually was. Heck I thought nobody would be down except the really sweet cashier girl. But anyway that's okay. I should be proud of what I look like and should not care about what others think. Like that's so easy.

Anyway the guy was now standing right in front of me in the line. Come on let's be honest, I purposely grabbed quickly whatever I needed so that I could stand behind him before anybody else took that spot. Damn! He smelled really good! Another point for Cute Boy! Look at me talking like I had a chance of ever striking up a conversation with him. Let me tell exactly what's going to happen. Either this is the first and last time I see this boy or, I see him every day and ogle, but never muster enough courage to talk to him.

Just then, as he finishes paying for his stuff, he accidentally drops all the change he received. OHMYGOD!!! Now I'll help him pick it all up and then we'll look into each other's eyes and fall in love!! Just like in the movies!! But nothing of that sort happens. I do help him pick up his change but I don't dare to meet his eyes because I know I'm blushing as red as a tomato. He mutters a very low thank you and leaves the store. I take another deep breath and sigh. There goes another addition to my very long list of hot guys I run into. I pay for my stuff and head back home.

The next morning as I near the gate to get into my cab, guess who I see? Yes it was Cute Boy himself. Now I know how this episode is gonna go. I'll see him every day and ogle. That's all. He seemed to be waiting for his own mode of transport. I wonder which college he goes to. I walk past him and get into my cab.

At college, I learn we have a project due the next week. So that means I'll have to visit the store again to get all the necessary material. Who knows, maybe I'll run into Cute Boy again. But seriously I need to stop calling him Cute Boy and bring out my detective paraphernalia and find out more about him. And by detective paraphernalia, I mean Facebook and Instagram.

That evening I get all the required stuff from the store, and no I did not see him. I think I am restricted to only 1 sight a day. I head back home and pull out my phone and type in my building's name into Instagram. Surely if he had posted a pic of himself in the building he would've tagged the location? Or wait, what if he's one of those creepy people who don't have any form of social media? Anyway I take my chance and scroll through the pictures taken in this very building. I see some faces I've seen before in the lobby but I don't find his. I continue scrolling and there.......I find him.

It's a normal selfie. He was wearing a blue jacket and his hair was longer than I had seen it. And now for the magical moment......his name was.......

"i_wont_tell_you_96"

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!? OF ALL THE PEOPLE?? I swear to God, it was like as if he knew I was trying to stalk him and had deliberately changed his username only last night. UGGGHH!!!!

Anyway I go to his profile expecting it to be a private account but no, it wasn't. Thank God! I scroll through his profile and damn, he had not appeared hot from a certain angle or due to the store's lighting or something, he actually did look damn fine. He was validated by 546 followers and a minimum of 200 likes and 15 comments under each picture. Now if you had any dreams of me and Cute Boy (ugggghh!!!!) you can crush them. Because he was obviously very popular, contradicting to my mere 50 or so followers and that too most of them were creative pages I had decided to give a chance.

I continue scrolling through his profile and reading the comments hoping that someone would have mentioned his name somewhere. But no, no luck. After few more minutes, I stumble across a picture of him with a puppy looking gorgeous af. And.....yes!!! One of his female friends commented, "Lucky puppy Ashton!" YASSS!!! Now I knew his name. Atleast first name. Ashton. Nice name. Bet he had a nice phone number too.

I go to bed after starting the basic stuff on my project and fall asleep dreaming situations of Cute...NO! ...Ashton and me. Don't act like you don't.

The next day was a Saturday, meaning I had a lot of spare time on my hands (if you ignore the due project). I decided to go for a swim. It had been a long time since I visited the swimming pool and I hoped to see the little cutie named Anna I met the last time. I was not a professional swimmer but if you were to throw me into the ocean I wouldn't drown. Naah, that's not possible. You can't throw me. I'm too heavy.

I near the changing room with my swimming costume in my bag, and whom do I see? Yes, him. He was doing laps up and down the length of the pool and he seemed to be a professional. I could've just sat there and stared at him all day. I knew it would be very bad idea to get into the pool at that time, cuz then it would be him, professionally doing his back-stroke and butterfly-stroke and whatnot, and me swimming like a klutz just uselessly taking up pool space. I considered turning back but I had brought my swimming costume along and I'm pretty sure he had seen me, so I couldn't actually pretend like I came down to check on the swimming pool. I decided to change and get into the pool and take up as little space as possible.

The moment I get into the pool, he stops swimming and stares at me. OH GOD.....he thinks I too am professional swimmer and so he's giving me space. My mind is running crazy and I try waving at him telling him to carry on with his swimming, but he doesn't get what I'm trying to say. I immediately put on my best defence in moments like these, bitch mode. This is the ultimate defence weapon. You act like you haven't noticed the person at all and you avoid all eye contact and have on a permanent "I'm too royal to be here" look on your face. I adopt this method and hope that he too ignores me and continues his swimming. I turn to face the other side and do some stretching like as if that is what I came for.

"Hey."

"AAGGHH!!" I screamed at the voice behind me. I turned to see him standing there looking surprisedly at me. Honestly! How did he even get here so quickly? And so quietly?

I continue gaping at him, until he says Hey again. "Sorry I scared you. I'm Ashton." He extends his hand. It was hard tearing my eyes off his body, but I do so and shake his hand. "I...I'm Katherine."

He smiles a beautiful smile and asks "Do you come here swimming often?" I wish I could've been able to say something like "Yeah I come here pretty often. Just so I don't forget my strokes." But I tell the truth. "No. I don't know proper swimming. Only some basic stuff I learned when I was 8. I come here very rarely." "Oh. Well that's okay. I come here pretty often. Just so I don't forget my strokes." AND HE WINKS AT ME. Like omigod, this boy can read minds. I do a quick test and think "There's something on your face." But he doesn't react. Okay, he's not Edward Cullen.

He's still smiling though and my knees are already weak. If he doesn't stop smiling that beautiful smile, I swear I will collapse.

"So, hey do you think we could grab coffee some time?"

"WHAT??" I shout. I thought I was still thinking but apparently no. I had screamed into his face. He immediately started blushing. "Well if you don't want to that's completely fine. I wasn't forcing anything on you. I was just asking. I'm sorry."

"No No! Its nothing like that. I was just....thinking.....nevermind. And yes, I would love grabbing. Love grabbing coffee, I mean." God can't I speak properly?!

"Ok great! Tomorrow at 10? I'll meet you near the lobby."

"Sure okay!"

"Alright. See you tomorrow. Bye!"

"Bye!"

ASHTON JUST ASKED ME OUT.

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(A/N : Hey!! This is only part 1 of the story of Katherine and Ashton. What do you think will happen next?

Don't forget to vote and also comment down what you think about the story.)