Glasses - 4

"Good morning Glasses ;)"

This is the text I've been waking up to for the past 2 weeks. Nick never fails to send the goodnight and good morning texts every day. Needless to say, we hung out many times after our little picnic, and he always brought me little presents such as flowers, cute cards, bracelets, etc. Basically he pampers me to no end. We haven't gone officially public, since we ourselves are not sure about what sort of a relationship we hold right now. We're definitely more than friends, but not quite lovers as yet. We have told our close friends though and Aiden is happy that all his teasing has come to fruit.

And I no longer get annoyed when he calls me Glasses. In fact I find it cute. Though I'm yet to think of a nickname for Nick.

The history project I was talking about earlier is due day after tomorrow, and I am done with mine. And I'm pretty impressed with it. Its 30 pages long, and though I know its quality that matters, but it's still quite a lot. Aiden is doing his final touches, and Nick.....told me he is halfway through, but I could tell from his voice that he was lying. I don't know why he hasn't started yet. I offered to guide him, but he said he could manage by himself.

I'm walking towards class now, and on the way I bump into Nick. 

"Hey there beautiful." He says. I've heard this same line from him over a hundred times over the past two weeks, but my heart never fails to melt each time. Don't blame me, nobody has ever called me beautiful before. Well except my parents.

"Hey Nick. What class do you have now?"

"History. With Mr. Anderson."

"Oh good! You can get your doubts about the project clarified with him."

"Yeah I can do that." He replies looking away.

"Nick, please be honest. Have you even started your project?"

"Emma c'mon chill! I've got this. I got be off now. I'll meet you at lunch. Bye." And he runs off. I take huge breath and continue walking to my class. As it is rightly said, you can only bring the horse to the pond. You can't also drink the water for it.

****************

"Nick I'm so sorry."

It's after school now, and Nick and I are sitting in my car and he just shared a devastating news. His aunt had passed away. He had just gotten a call from his father a few minutes ago saying they would be leaving this evening to Cheshire for two days for the funeral. Nick's been sitting in my car since he heard, with his head between his hands. I try my best to console him, but he doesn't say a word.

"It's all for good Nick. Your aunt is now in a better place."

He finally looks up at me and lets out a sigh.

"Yeah I guess she is. She was a wonderful lady." He says smiling. "Sorry to have held you up. I'll be off now. See you in two days. I'm gonna miss you Glasses." He says cupping my face in his palm.

"I'll miss you too Nick. Take care."

"Bye." He says and kisses me on my forehead, smiles, and gets out of the car.

Seriously, forehead kisses are the best.

As I'm driving home, I suddenly realise that Nick won't be able to complete his project now. By the time he gets back, the deadline would be over. I hope he has something planned out.

When I reach home, I find my parents are out, and so Yay! I have the whole house to myself! But there's actually no use of that, because I don't throw house parties nor do I invite anyone over. Except Aiden of course, and maybe Nick in a few weeks. I smile at the thought.