Be Mine 1

"JAACCKK!!"

I looked behind. "Yes?"

"The copier is jammed again!" She replied, pouting. "Help me fix it."

I looked intently at her. She didn't have to pout to get me to do something for her. I would do anything to make her happy. In other words, her wish was my command.

I walked up to her and looked at the copier for some time. I lifted its cover and fiddled with the ink jets. We then placed the sheet to be copied, and sure enough the copier started working.

"Thank you so much!!" She exclaimed. I smiled at her, blushing and walked back to my seat. Every little thing she does, makes my heart warm and my cheeks blush. The joy she derives from the smallest of things, the way she laughs even if it was a lame joke, just so I wouldn't feel bad, the way she......just is. Who is this girl you ask? Well she's Lucy Harper, Assistant Editor at Woosh Publishers, and the girl of my dreams. Also the girl who put me deep in the friend-zone. She actually does call me her best friend.

I have been pathetically crushing on her ever since she joined here. Though she's two years younger than me and many years younger than most people in our office, she never finds it hard to hold engaging conversations with anyone about anything. She's smart, beautiful (very), talented, caring, helpful, oh I could go on and on. I was lucky enough to become friends with her, hangout with her, and all, but I wish there was more. I haven't told her how I feel, lest things should get awkward between us and we never talk again. That's just not worth it. (Fifth Harmony whaddup!)

Anyway it's Friday, and as we've been doing for the past 8 months, Lucy and I will be headed to the nearby park after work for our usual hotdogs. Then I will walk her to her apartment and then get on the bus to mine. This ritual that we've been following obviously presented many opportunities for me to confess, but like the wuss I am, I never tried.

It's 4.30 now, half an hour more till we wind up. I keep looking at the clock, willing it's hands to move faster, just so I could see her sooner. And my wish was granted! No the hands did not move faster, Lucy came up to my desk.

"Hey Jack. You done?"

I wasn't done. I had 25 more emails to read.

"Umm, why?"

"Well I'm done for today, so I have nothing to do till closing time. I thought if you were done too, we could head to the park earlier."

"Yes Yes! I'm almost done. I'm on my last e-mail." I lied.

"Great! I'll meet you at the lobby."

I looked at her as she walked away. These authors can wait till tomorrow. After all they've waited for so long, they can wait some more. I quickly send the e-mail I was on, and grab my coat and hurry to the elevator.

"Woah buddy! What's the hurry?" It was Phil, a good friend of mine from Marketing.

"Lucy's waiting at the lobby." I say smiling. He knew about my little crush on her.

"Haha, okay. When are you planning on telling her though?" He asks seriously. "You understand you have to right?"

"Yeah I do. I'll try. Not today, someday." I say sighing.

"Okay. Your call. See you tomorrow!"

"Bye!"

I run into the already full elevator and squeeze myself in. I hear a few grunts from behind, but I brush it off. At the lobby I see Lucy chatting with some friend of hers. I straighten my coat and walk up to them.