Glasses - 3

I'm right now standing outside Skrools waiting for Nick. I have a habit of turning up 10 minutes early everywhere I go, and so here I am at 8.50 while I was supposed to be here only at 9. I have to admit now that the euphoria from Nick's monologue from 2 nights ago, has passed, I am starting to regret agreeing to go to Dance Nights with him. What if I trip and fall? What if I also pull down Nick along with me and in the process several others too? This was a bad idea. I should've asked him if we could go to the new exhibition or anywhere that has nothing to do with dancing. But it's too late now. He's already on his way here.

Okay it's dot 9 and there's no sign of Nick. I've got to calm down. Nobody turns up at the exact time. I'll give him 5 minutes.

It's been 15 mins and there's still no sign of Nick. Did he forget we have a "date" tonight? That's not possible. I confirmed it with him today at school. I don't know how much longer I'll have to wait. I try calling him, but the line is engaged.

I think the first couple has already started dancing inside because the music has started playing and there is a lot of hooting and cheering to be heard. I hope Nick didn't get into trouble anywhere.

Its 9.30 now, and I am sitting on the curb looking up and down the road for some sign of Nick. I'm not able to avoid the nagging voice in my head saying that he bailed on me. He wouldn't do that. He won't be gaining anything out of it. Or maybe......this whole thing was a prank, and he is hiding somewhere right now, filming this entire scenario. I look around expecting to see Nick or one of his friends hiding behind a bush or something. But I don't find anyone. I put my head between my knees and try hard not to cry. I was a fool to have fallen for his sweet words. Now here I am stuck outside this stupid club without a ride home too, as Nick was supposed to be dropping me home. Plus, I'm starving. We were supposed to have dinner together. I try calling Nick again, but the line is still engaged.

I decide I've waited enough and decide to leave and take the bus home. As I get up and start walking, I hear screeching of tires behind me. I turn around to see Nick getting out of a car, looking flustered. I see one of his friends behind the wheel. He waves at me and drives off. Nick runs up to me and I see he has something behind his back.

"Emma, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to keep you waiting. My car broke down on the way and I had to get someone to come pick me up. I'm so sorry."

I want to ask him why he didn't return my calls, but I don't. "Oh. Well I was just about to leave thinking you had bailed on me."

"Oh Emma I would never do that to you. I'm really sorry. And well....I got something for you." He pulls out whatever he was hiding and hands it to me with a shy grin. He got me a bunch of roses!! They smell wonderful!

"Wow Nick! Thank you so much! These look beautiful."

"Just like you." He says winking. Oh God, my knees start trembling. "So shall we go in?" He asks.

"Oh umm....about that. Could we possibly go somewhere else? I'm really sorry for telling this at the last minute, but I really don't feel like dancing tonight." I tell him biting my lip. And no I wasn't trying to be sexual, I tend to bite my lip when I'm nervous.

"Oh well. I guess I could cancel the booking. I'll go see what I can do." He runs inside and is back within 5 minutes.

"They cancelled the booking. They also said they'd refund the money. So that's taken care of." He informs me. "Where do you propose we go?"

"I was thinking we could go check out the new exhibition. I heard they have some good tourist attractions." I suggest.

"Well.....that would have been a good idea if it wasn't so late. I'm pretty sure the exhibition is closed right now." He says scrunching up his face. Oh God what an idiot I am. Of course the exhibition is closed! And.....he looks so cute with his face like that, I just want to grab him and.....woah calm down.