Cute Boy- 3

It's been exactly a week now, and though I understand that this is a pretty important decision to make, I wish Ashton would give me some closure soon. I ran into him many times in the lobby and every time he would give a small strained smile and walk on. I didn't want to urge him into doing anything hastily but I really want him to talk to me soon.

It's a Friday, so I should be all TGIF! and all. But no, I'm sitting here and studying for the exams coming up next week. We had planned a study session at a friend's place at 11, but we all know how that's gonna go down. We'll study for like a maximum of 30 minutes and then we'll take a study break for 2 hours. But anyway atleast half-an-hour worth of knowledge will go inside my brain.

At 10.45 I go down near the gate to get a taxi and while waiting I see Ashton's car coming out of the parking. He pulls up next to me and rolls down the window.

"Hey. Good morning. Where are you headed?"

"Madison Street. A friend's place."

"I'm on my way to The League to catch up with some friends, I'll be passing by Madison Street. I could drop you if you want."

Well it would be a very awkward ride. ButI could save 2 dollars! So I accept the offer.

"Thank you. That'd be very nice." The old jovial Ashton would've most probably driven a few metres ahead just to make me look like a fool, but he doesn't do anything like that this time. I miss the witty jibes.

"So, how has your week been?" I ask attempting conversation.

"Pretty usual. Nothing exciting. A lot of mental exercise went down though." He smiles crookedly.

"Will I be getting an answer soon?"

"Maybe. I don't want to rush anything and hurt the both of us." He says seriously.

"Absolutely. I totally understand."

The rest of the 15 min ride goes silently with only Ariana Grande's voice coming from the radio. She's got some pretty good vocals.

As we drive up onto Madison Street, I tell him I'll walk from here. It's a pretty long street and he'll have to take a massive detour if he drops me off at my friend's doorstep. Oh and by the way, this friend's name is Erica. The others gonna be there are John, Ashley, Emma, Paul and Kerry.

I get out of the car, thank him and start walking. A few seconds later I turn and look behind and I'm surprised to see that his car is still there. And if there's nothing wrong with my eyes, I'm pretty sure he was watching me. Aww! How sweet he's checking to see if I make it safely. Or maybe he's checking out my booty. Either way I start blushing.

A good five mins later I walk up Erica's driveway and I squint just in time to see his car pull away. I ring the doorbell and am greeted by all of them standing there. Oops, I'm late. We chitchat for a few mins and then go up to her room and start studying. I bet myself that 30-45 mins later we'll be sitting on the couch eating ice-cream. What will I get if I win the bet? I'll treat myself to a cheeseburger maybe.

And just like I predicted, 35 minutes later we take a study break all promising to get back in 10 mins. Yeah you wish. We get some popcorn and Erica puts on Step-up for us to watch. Yeah, like that's getting over in 10 minutes.

Half-an-hour later it starts raining outside and in a few minutes it goes from a light drizzle to a heavy downpour. We decide we've done enough studying for today and we all prepare to leave. And I very selfishly wonder if Ashton will be there to pick me up. That was really selfish and stupid too. He doesn't know that I'm leaving now.

I decide to book an Uber and five minutes later I'm on my way home. All along the ride, I think it's because of the rain, I start thinking about the different case scenarios I might have to face with Ashton in a few days. I'm afraid he'll say he's not over Jessie yet and thus doesn't want to pursue anything with me. But what I'm afraid of the most, is that he will tell me he's over her but is actually using me as a rebound and dump me later. Though my heart says Ashton is too sweet to do something like that, my mind tells me to be alert.

I reach home and miraculously resume studying. I complete 2 chapters in 2 hours! I decide that was enough for today and very stupidly go stalk Ashton on Instagram. For 10 mins I precautiously go through his pictures so that I don't end up liking any of his old pictures. A few minutes later I receive a text from Ashton saying "Hey you free?" I want to immediately reply Yes, but I very maturely decide to act cool and decide to reply 5 mins later. A few second later he sends another message.

"I know you're on my profile."

"What? No!!" I send him a text saying so.

"Don't lie. You just liked a picture from 1 month ago."

DAMMIT!!! For all the extra care I took.

"Okay. What do you want?" I ask.

"Can we meet up? I want to talk."

Okay here is the moment I've been waiting for. And the Oscar goes to.......

Shut up Kathy!

I reply asking him where. He says he'll come to my place. I quickly do a survey of the environment making sure everything's neat, and I don't have any bras lying around. Just then the doorbell rings and I consider going back to the Edward Cullen theory. There's no way Ashton could've reached here so quickly. I open the door but it's only the mailman with my electricity bill. I receive the bill and go sit on the couch. As I'm going through the bill, the bell rings again. It's not superhumanly quick but still quite fast for Ashton to come here all the way from Block 2. I open the door and sure enough it is Ashton. He's wearing a red shirt that's showing the six-pack he's developing and blue jeans. Very laid back, but still looks so hot. I stop ogling and let him in.

He walks in and waits for me to ask him to sit. Okay that was too formal. But anyway, I offer him some water and he drinks it slowly as if he's feeding off my curiosity. He finishes drinking and walks very slowly to place the glass on the table. I snatch the glass from him and push him back onto the couch. "Cut it out. Tell me quick."

"Alright I was just building up for the dramatic effect."

"You weren't building up anything except my curiosity. C'mon tell me quickly!!!!"

"You know I think I have a sore throat today. I'll come tomorrow." He says smiling slyly and gets up and walks towards the door.

"ASHTON!!!" I scream and pull him back. He suddenly turns around and grabs me by my elbows. My breathing stops for a second and catches in my throat. His face is so close to mine. If I slightly moved forward our lips could meet. I stop myself from leaning forward and look into his chocolatey brown eyes.

He lets out a deep breath. "You know that moment when you left after telling me to take a wise decision, my decision was already made. I knew from the time I first saw you at the store, I couldn't just let you walk away and not be a part of my life. I was too gripped to do that. And when I saw you at the swimming pool I knew I would hate myself if I missed the opportunity to talk to you. And when you agreed to go out with me, I swear my heart did a backflip." He smiles slightly. "I always knew you wouldn't be just a rebound to me. It's just that the timing is so bad. I was afraid that my eagerness to be with you grew out of a part of me missing Jessie, but that night after you left, I realised I couldn't bear to see you walk away. I searched deep within me to see if I had anything left for her so that I would not hurt you by leading you on. And I promise I found nothing."

His grip on me slowly loosens, and his palms move towards mine. "Katherine, I don't want you to walk away. I need you in my life. Not as a rebound, but as a soulmate. If that doesn't mean love, then I don't know what does."

My heart was beating really fast by now. He said he loved me!!! Not the exact words, but the meaning! Oh my gosh!!

"Ashton that was very sweet. So, you love me huh?" I ask cheekily.

He laughs and says "Yes Kathy, I love you."

I could've entered my heart for the next Formula1.

(A/N: And then they kissed!! So how many of you predicted this ending?

That's the end of Ashton and Katherine's story. There'll be new stories coming up!

Don't forget to vote!!)