Chapter 4: It happened Again

Shyla's POV

We all decided it was best if Dixey didn't know about us helping out with the murder mysteries unless we needed help. She seemed to be going through some unimaginable things, so we wanted to give her some space.

"Alright, so all we know about these murders is that they were one after the other, each of the kills are different, and the killer is very cunning, leaving no trace of him or her in any of the crimes," Andrew explained.

We were all at the library, and had each newspaper about the murders laid out on a table. None of them gave us any information about anything. Just the address of each victim crime scene.

"From what I can tell, the murders were gruesome. There's no pictures of them on any of the papers," Amanda stated.

"Guys, I don't know how else we can help. We only have a quarter of the information that the police have. Unless we break into the crime scenes then we're no help to the cases at all," I replied.

There was a smile on both of their faces as they looked at me. Thoughts were racing through my mind. Are we really going to do this? Would Dixey do this?  What was I thinking, of course Dixey would do this, so I smiled back at them.

Amanda then put her hand in the middle of all of us, just like Andrew did.

"Outlaws on three. One," Amanda said.

"Two," I said.

"Three" replied Andrew.

"Outlaws!" We all shout.

Bailey's POV

It's been 3 days which would make it Monday today. The first day of my punishment. We told mom and dad, and we've been grounded for as long as are school punishment is. This sucked!

"I'm so bored!" I said to know one.

Dixey has been stressed lately, so I couldn't talk to her. I told her to get some rest. I just think that everything has finally sunk into her head all at once.

What do you want to talk about?

Nothing, you need rest, go back to sleep.

I don't need anything! Let's just talk for a bit. While she said this, she was yawning.

I can hear it in your voice, Dixey. You're tired, so just give in and sleep.

But your bored and I want to help you! So what do you want to talk about?

Nothing, now go to sleep! My main priority is to keep you safe, and your to tired to talk to me! So SLEEP!

Never! She sounded tired and weak.

I knew she was going to give in soon, I just needed to stop talking and let her sleep. Soon after, there was just the sounds of breaths, Dixey's was low and soft, which told me that I won. I walked over to the desk and sat down, looking into the mirror, when our phone lit up.

Hey! How are you holding up? It read. It was a text from Llama, and I only wanted to through the phone out the window. But then Dixey wouldn't talk to me again, so I didn't.

First of all this is Bailey. And I'm bored out of my mind! I replied. I knew she wasn't going to text me back, but I was ok with that.

Oh, hi! Can I talk to Dixey? She texted back. I was shocked! She really texted back!

She's resting, so no. I didn't want to wake up Dixey just so she can talk to Llama. She needed rest.