Chapter 19: New Places

Andrew's POV

School was finally done, and the stares we were getting from before are still here. They haven't stopped all day. It was raining outside so we all decided to ride the school bus to Amanda's house instead of walking. Normally you would need a permission slip to do this, but since everyone is scared for their lives, the bus driver left it alone. 

It was a total of 15 minutes on that bus until we reached Amanda's house. We ran up her sidewalk and ran into the house. Her parents were at work again, her brother was staying at their cousin's house.

We went into Amanda's room and sat in a circle. Amanda grabbed the evidence from her desk and laid it out in front of us. We sorted the pictures and paper in their order again, and looked at them.

"Amanda?" I asked.

"Yeah," Amanda replied, still not taking her eyes off of the photographs.

"Do you remember the paper you picked up in the trick room? Rachel's parent's room I think it was. Yeah, it was. Where's the paper now?" I finished concluding.

Amanda went to her closet and grabbed her pants from yesterday. She reached her hand inside one of her front pockets and pulled out nothing, then continued to do the same with the other front pocket.

Pulling her hand out of the second pocket, she held a confused facial expression, then turned the pants around to the back and searched those pockets. The same result as before came. Amanda dropped her pants and spun around to face us, her hands shaking wildly.

"I-It's gone. I-I lost it there. We have to go back there, now!" Amanda yelled frantically.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, relax. Is it even important to have?" Shyla said.

"YES! Extremely important! Now we half to go!" Amanda screamed as she pulled her jacket on.

She began to grab her backpack from her bed and ran out of the room. Shyla and I looked at each other for a moment, and then ran after her, call her name.

I figured that leaving the evidence there wouldn't hurt anything.

Bailey's POV

She keeps trying to get ahold of me. But I can't let her see me, not like this. I'm a monster, a freak. Wow... I used their words. Who knew that they were right.

Bailey... please... answer.

I could hear the crack in her voice. I want to tell her something, but I can't. It won't let me. Yes... it helped us, but now it wants something else. The deal was sealed, and the deal is almost done. 

Time: 4:30

Only 3 hours and 20 minutes left until we're too late.

Shyla's POV

It took us a while but we finally made it back to Rachel's house. Amanda was already inside the house, going through the window in which we took to get to the attic.

"Amanda!" I yelled, making her turn around, "Wait for a bit, please. We're coming up."

Amanda complied and sat on the roof. Andrew and I ran into the house, up the wooden stairs, took a left to follow the hand prints, and through the room where we found the photograph. Once we made it through the window, Amanda stood up.

"Thanks for coming with me. I mean, I didn't know what else to do from here," Amanda informed us.

We all laughed for a bit before going through the window to the attic. The room was the same as before, but the floor door was still open.