Chapter one

It was a normal day. Wake up, brush teeth, get dressed, eat a rushed breakfast and get out the door before the bus left.
Normal... and boring.
Days like these- school days- were Dan's least favourite part of getting up.
He enjoyed breakfast.
But that's about it.

As his alarm was blaring the obnoxious BEEP, BEEP, BEEP that it always does he just lays in bed hoping his mum won't hear the alarm, hoping he can just stay in bed today, and the day after that, and the day after that, and- you get the point.

After waiting for a few minutes his mum eventually comes into his room, "Daniel, sweetheart, it's time to get up and make something of the day", this is her way of kindly saying "Dan, wake up you lazy shit", it was almost the same everyday.

His reply was a grunt and a toss of the covers over his head and trying to fall back to sleep. Of course this is what he always did so his mum just got straight to the worst of it and ripped them off the bed, "Daniel. This isn't negotiable unless you are vomiting every two seconds because you have the plague", with that, she left with the blankets, leaving him there shivering like a chihuahua.

He reluctantly got up after sighing and flopping his arms at his sides for dramatic effect- even though he was alone. He stood up quickly and immediately sat back down almost passing out- don't stand up too fast kids, you'll get a head rush.

He went to his closet after sitting for a minute to let the blood move to where it needed to to let him stand up and got out black boxer briefs, black socks, black skinny jeans, a black shirt and a black sweater with moon phases on it and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

The shower was probably a mistake as now his hair is curled and he's having to skip breakfast in order to not miss the only bus that drives past his house. "Wow, nice one Dan, really nailing this whole life thing today"  he thought to himself as he bolted out the front door with his backpack hurriedly thrown over one shoulder.

He reached the bus right as it was about to leave and just barely snuck on panting. He went to the very back of the bus as a few kids snickered at his hair and out of shape-ness while he walked past and sat down in his usual sad back corner spot. The bus had one more stop until school so the ride won't be too long.

The bus stops at its last pickup spot and let's four kids on, a tall boy with emerald green eyes and curly brown hair, a slightly shorter but still just as giant boy with a loud personality who was already telling jokes and making the other people laugh, a shorter and curvier girl with blonde hair that she put pink dye at the tip of wearing a dress in the middle of fall, and the tallest one of the four was a blue-eyed boy with jet black hair and black jeans on, just like Dan's but slightly baggier as this boy seemed a bit skinnier than Dan.

There were only a few seats left on the bus but it seemed as though these four wanted to sit together and sitting next to Dan in the back was the only option to make that possible, this of course made Dan panic because they were probably just as awful as everyone else at school, but he'd never seen them before so.. maybe not?

Today was already starting off bad, so hopefully it'll get better when he gets to school. Words he never thought would be thought by him. Ever.

☆☆☆
A/N

I hope it didn't suck! Let me know how I can improve in the comments!