Chapter six

Dan woke up before his alarm and decided that he could take a shower and not have to run to the bus today.

He grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom and immediately slipped on a towel laying on the ground, "FUCK!" Is all he could yell out before falling on his face causing another bloody nose that week.

He stood up after a second and grabbed a fist full of toilet paper and held it to his nose while he sat on the counter.

His nose finally stopped bleeding so he took his shower and headed to Lila's room and knocked, "come in!" She called from inside the room, he opened the door with a scowl and a towel, "is this yours?" He asked in an accusing tone, "I think so? Why?" She replied with an edge of ignorance in her voice, "because you left it on the bathroom floor and me being the clumsy shit I am slipped on it and got a nose bleed." She sat for a moment and then busting out laughing, "you gave yourself a bloody nose by slipping on a towel?" Dan was not happy with this reply, "stop leaving your stuff on the bathroom floor" and with that, he threw it at her head and walked out.

He went back into the bathroom to straighten his hair but after plugging it in he realized it had broken somehow and now could not be used, "are you fucking kidding me?" He thought to himself as he left the bathroom after trying to fix it.

He walked back into his room right as his alarm went off and turned it off after getting startled by the sudden beeping. Waking up early is not easy for Dan to do, it usually takes his mum stealing his blankets for him to get up, and even then he sometimes just falls back to sleep.

Dan's mum walked in and was surprised to see him doing homework and not sleeping, "being productive, I like it." She said with an impressed smile on her face and left to wake up Tyler.

Dan did as much homework as he could before his mum said he needed to eat. Of course he couldn't pass up food, so he went downstairs to have breakfast and then left for the bus soon after.

He got on the bus and went to the back and was actually excited to see people, it meant they could plan for the weekend and that he wouldn't be alone for once! This is big for him, he's never had friends before.

Pj and Chris walked on holding hands and people started teasing them the second they saw, but they didn't care, they just ignored them and walked to the back, Louise walked on talking to Phil who was acting kind of flustered and dodging whatever she was saying. She stopped talking once Dan was in earshot and sat down with a smirk and made sure Phil couldn't sit anywhere but right next to Dan.

"Hi guys." Dan said when they'd all walked up, Pj and Chris waved as they sat down, "hello Daniel." said Louise as she smirked at Phil, "hey Dan." Phil replied slightly awkwardly and sat down next to him in the only spot he could.

The bus started driving and they all kept up a casual conversation, except for Phil, he was lost in thought and had a look on his face that made him seem like he'd be angry if you pulled him out of his current state. So no one did.

They got to school and Phil finally took in his surroundings when Louise and Dan pulled him out of the seat because he wouldn't move when they'd said they had arrived. They were both still holding his hands as they left the bus, which to Louise meant nothing, they held hands all the time, but to Dan, it felt strange. But in a good way.

They dropped his hands when they entered the school and all left to their classes, Louise continued on talking to Phil about the seemingly scandalous topic because he immediately started blushing and she had a huge evil grin plastering her face while they walked down the hall.

Lessons went by as usual; take notes, have crumpled balls of hate thrown at head, get hit with backpacks as people walked past and get tripped on the way out of the room. Every class was like this up until lunch when he got to see his new found friends.

They all met in the hallway outside of the lesson Dan had just gotten out of and headed for his tree- which he supposes is their tree too.

They sat down together and started up a conversation about plans for the weekend, "would you guys want to come over to my house to study and 'accidentally' get distracted by movies and food?" Louise suggested, they all nodded and that was that. They ate their food with a minimal amount of Pj and Chris being too coupley. Still enough to make you groan in annoyance though.

Lunch ended and they headed back to their respective classes.

As the school day ended, the weekend began. The group of five took the bus home and planned for Louise to pick them all up and take them to her house for a 'study' sleepover on Saturday.

Dan walked inside to yet again have something leaping at him, but this time it wasn't a cushion, it was a 7 year old with way too much energy, "DANNY'S HOME!!" The child screamed as he clung to Dan and held himself up with no help whatsoever from his older brother, "and you have enough energy to run a power plant." Dan said back as he took off his shoes, set his bag down and closed the door, "THAT'S A GOOD THING!!" Tyler yelled at him while he was way too close for him to be yelling, "Tyler, you're going to make me go deaf, calm down." Dan replied in a quiet voice as he finally held the small child up and walked into the living room, "I'm sorry Danny! But mummy got me sweets!" Tyler exclaimed loudly, but not as loud as before, "oh lord, why would she do a thing like that?" Dan asked as he sat down on the couch with Tyler and turned on the TV, "because she loves me and I'm the baby of the family!" The young boy said with a smug expression on his face, "where did you learn all that information?" Dan asked slightly sceptical, "Lila told me!" He said while making the cutest and most proud face Dan had ever seen.

Dan and Tyler watched TV and eventually their mum came home and made dinner.

The family ate, talked and sat together to watch a movie they'd rented that needed to be taken back soon.

By the end of the movie everyone was tired and Tyler had fallen asleep on all three of them as he had sprawled out onto all of their laps halfway through the film and passed out. Dan picked him up while he slept and took him to his room then headed to his own room to do some homework and Tumbling before bed.

The night ended with a goodnight and sweet dreams from his mum and then it was time to sleep.

Tonight, Dan wasn't so lucky with the good dreams from the night before and fell into dreadful nightmares of faces he'd hoped to never see again.

☆☆☆
A/N

I'm sorry I didn't upload yesterday! I had no clue what I wanted to write and I spent the day doing stuff, so I just couldn't think properly. I'm finally getting into the actual story, character bonding times and making you all confused and interested (hopefully) in Dan's nightmares, what those mean and how they'll effect things later on!

I hope you enjoyed! And if not, tell me what you didn't like, or what you think I could improve on!

Byeee