Chapter two

The bus arrived at school and all the kids were soon bustling out into the busy and rushed building, but Dan and the four other teens were apprehensive about doing the same since Dan knew the awfulness of this school and the others had yet to find out. So they all awkwardly waited at the back of the bus wondering what to do and where to go.

Dan was the first to get up and the group of four silently followed him in because he probably knew where he was going right? I mean, what other option did they have?

The girl was the one to speak up to Dan, "excuse me?" Dan quickly turned around, "... yes?" He asked slightly scared they'd have already met the awful people there and were ready to beat him up. But instead the girl spoke again in a soft voice, "do you know where the administration office is? We're new and have no clue how to find it", this made Dan relieved because it meant he was safe from them for now, "uh yeah, it's down this hall and to the right, it's got the big important looking door". And with that the small group said their thank yous and headed to where he'd sent them.

Now it was time for Dan to go to his first class which was geography, a class he didn't particularly exceed in. When he walked in and sat down the room was only half full so he chose a seat in the very back of the class away from everyone else and got out his notebook and started drawing while he waited for class to start.

Once everyone had arrived the teacher started the lesson and it was immediately sleep worthy as this teacher (like most) didn't know how to make learning fun. Dan of course didn't fall asleep because he's gotten in trouble for that far too many times for the teachers not to be on the lookout for him.

The time went on painfully slow but once the bell had gone it was time for his next class and his next and his next until lunch, which at his school, you get to go off campus for lunch, but he had no friends so he just sat under a large tree in the forest that surrounded the school.

He got to his tree and sat down with his food and started eating the sandwich his mum had packed him while he was in the shower that made him miss breakfast. A very rude shower it was.

As he was eating he saw the same group of four he'd sat with in the back of bus sitting all together laughing and eating in the field looking genuinely happy. Dan was envious to say the least.

He finished eating and stayed under the tree until his time was up and he'd need to go back to the dreaded school he was forced to go to. He got lost in his thoughts just staring at the autumnal sky and the red, orange and yellow leaves that fell with every push from the wind.

Far sooner than he had hoped for, it was time to go back as the bell could be faintly heard from his spot under the tree. He begrudgingly got up and started walking and was about to reach the school when someone pushed him, making him fall flat on his face while yelling 'fag', 'gay lord' and other things of the sort. This happened all the time so he just got up, brushed off his clothes and kept walking. It was only when he'd started walking that he realized that his nose was bleeding, so like usual he headed to the nearest bathroom and started trying to stop the bleeding since it was gushing quite a lot.

Someone came into the bathroom and carefully walked over to him, he of course thought he was just going to get pummeled, so on instinct he said "I know I can't convince you, but please don't hurt me". Instead of them hurting him, they spoke in a voice of worry and oddly new sounds, "I'm not going to hurt you, I wanted to see if you were okay". Dan was shocked, not one single person in this school has ever seen if he was okay, not even the teachers. "I'm used to people just hitting me, they'll hit you too if they know you're talking to the fag lord" Dan replied with a morose tone in his voice, to which he got a small gasp. Dan still hadn't turned around to see who it was considering he's still bleeding out of his face profusely.

"Who calls you that? That's awful" the unfamiliar voice asked sounding really upset, "everyone here" Dan replied as he just gives up on trying to stop the bleeding and let's his nose drip into the sink. "Is there anything I can do to help?", Dan thought for a moment but quickly came to the conclusion that this person is lying to him and they're just a spy for the higher-ups, "no, I'm fine". The voice didn't reply after a while and Dan assumed they'd left until, "I'll see you around. I'm sorry people are mean to you, you don't give off a bad guy vibe" and with that, they left the bathroom and Dan to his thoughts.

☆☆☆
A/N

Okay! So I've finally started the story and it's coming along exactly how I wanted it to! So that's cool!

Please let me know what you think of it in the comments and seriously, tell me if something is wrong, me being someone who never has and probably never will go to school and writing a highschool!AU phanfiction isn't the best idea I've had, so if I mess up let me know and I'll fix it! Idk how often I'll update because I only write when I'm like super wanting to write, so if I disappear randomly I'm sorry. Okay this is getting long I'll see you all when I next post a chapter!