Chapter five

Dan's mum came home and immediately started scolding Lila for destroying the table. Lila of course sassed her because that's who she is. His mum of course grounded her because that's who she is.

Dan just sat and waited until she was done yelling and when she was, he went to the kitchen and saw that his mum had in fact cleared the floor- or made Lila do it. He didn't really care, it meant he could make dinner.

So that's what he did. He chose to make spaghetti- but first, he needed music.

He went back to his room and grabbed his portable speaker and linked his phone to it so he could play the whole Vessel album while dancing and making food. And that is exactly what he did.

His little brother came into the kitchen and helped make dinner as best as his 7 year old self could. He tries, but he's small and fragile.

"Ty, no offense, but you're a better dancer than you are a chef." Dan said to his younger brother who was standing on the counter looking into the sauce pan, "Danny. I agree." And with that he jumped at Dan who at this point was used to this so he caught him and held him up while he continued to cook.

Lila came in looking upset, "mum grounded me and is making me fix the door. Do either of you know how to do that?", Dan and Tyler just stared at her with blank expressions, "no, that's why I didn't try to fix it in the first place." Dan replied rather sassily, Tyler just said no and rested his head on Dan's shoulder as he watched him cook.

DING DONG! "Lila could you get that? We're making dinner." Dan asked his sister, she sighed an annoyed sigh but answered the door anyway, "Dan it's for you!" She called from the door as she walked away and into the living room.

Dan turned down the burners so nothing would burn and went to the door still holding Tyler who was almost asleep at this point. When Dan got to the door he saw Pj and Chris standing there with big smiles on their faces, "hi Dan!" They said at the same time in cheery voices, "hey..? Not meaning to be rude but, why are you here? We're about to have dinner.", they just stood for a second considering, "just wanted to pop by and say hello, see if you could hang out?" Pj said eventually, "... you could stay for dinner if you want?" Dan suggested, "only if it's okay with you and your family, we wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortab-" he was cutting of by a sleepy Tyler, "just come inside, it's cold out there and I want food." And so they entered the house and let Dan close the door behind them.

Dan led them into the kitchen and continued to cook with Tyler falling back to sleep with his head rested on his shoulder, "I hope you like spaghetti, because that's what I'm making."

Dan finished cooking and let Pj and Chris set the table after telling them he had it and that they were guests, but they insisted and Tyler wasn't quite awake enough to be put down yet. Dan called his mum and sister to the table and they all sat down with Tyler on Dan's lap.

Dan learned that Chris has very good manners around parents and kids, he also learned that Pj and Lila got along way better than he'd imagined they would, but it's probably because Chris and Lila are so similar.

They finished dinner with little to no problems, so Dan's mum said Pj and Chris could stay for a while if they wanted to. Dan took Pj and Chris to his room, "this is my cave, the place I spend almost all my time when I'm not at school or eating food." Dan said as he moved his arms through the air as if presenting something important, this made the two laugh "okay good I'm not totally fucking up this whole 'human interaction' thing." Dan thought to himself, just then Tyler came running through the door crying, immediately he crashed into Dan as he knelt down to see what was wrong, "Ty, what happened? Are you okay?" He asked as he held his younger brother close in his arms, Tyler shook his head, "d-dad is at the d-door, Danny I'm scared, p-please don't let him hurt m-me!" Tyler sobbed into Dan's shirt while Dan rubbed his back to try and calm him down, "shh, shh, it's okay, I won't let him anywhere near you okay? It's okay, just breathe." Dan said quietly trying to sooth his hysteric brother, Lila came into Dan's room and closed the door, "Dan, you need to help mum, she's not strong enough to fight him off, I'll stay here with Tyler and your friends and if things get bad I'll get then out from the roof, just please help her." Dan got up holding Tyler and handed him over to Lila who sat on Dan's bed and cradled him.

Dan cautiously went downstairs and peeked around the corner to see his mum with the door open only as far as the chain lock would allow, he walked over and immediately started getting yelled at by his 'father', if you could even call him that.

"Dan, sweetie, I need you to call the police." His mum said after closing the door all the way. Dan nodded and grabbed his phone out of his pocket and dialled 999 and waited for them to pick up. It went the same as it always did when his dad chose to come around except this time Dan had people over who had zero idea what the fuck was going on, they worked on calming down Tyler and Lila. His mum kept the door locked until the police got there and took him away, he was breaking his agreements on his restraining order that was court approved.

They took him and Dan just hugged his mum as she was trying not to cry, "I'm so sorry your friends had to be around that." His mum said quietly, "it's not your fault mum, he's a psychopath," Dan said back and pulled away from her, "seriously, please don't blame yourself for his crazy."

Dan headed back up to his room after hugging her again and telling her it would be okay, "I'm so sorry you had to hear that, our dad isn't a very good guy." Dan said when he got to his room, "my dad left only after he abused my mum and I, so I know what that feels like." Chris said solemnly while giving Dan a sympathetic look.

All the commotion was over and everything was calm again, after a few hours Pj and Chris had to leave, "I'm glad you guys came over to hang out, sorry about my dad." Dan said at the front door as they said their goodbyes, "it's fine, you couldn't really help that, we'll see you tomorrow." Pj said as they hugged Dan and walked out the door, "bye you two." Dan waved as they walked down the steps, "bye Danny!" Chris said back snickering, "see ya Dan." Pj waved back. And then they were gone.

Dan closed the door and went back to his room where Tyler had fallen asleep on his floor in a little ball, "oh Tyler, you look so adorable but you can't sleep on my floor." Dan said quietly and mostly as an inner monologue. Dan picked Tyler up, took him to his own room and tucked him in without waking him up. He went back to his room and got changed into pajamas, "god, today was something, to say the least." he thought as he crawled under his covers and slowly drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

☆☆☆
A/N

I almost didn't upload today but I was sitting in my living room listening to my tøp vinyl and my parents Rocky Horror Picture Show vinyl and was like "okay yeah I should like fucking upload and not leave them waiting, oops." So that's what I did! These first few chapters are mainly just character development chapters which are boring but like, I can't just put in random characters later and expect you to just know who they are, so now you know that Dan has a sister, a brother named Tyler (sorry I jussst, I love Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun is basically Jesus), a shit head of a father and a nice but stern mother. I've been trying to use UK slang but I'm from America so if I mess something up lemme know, I can edit chapters very easily.

As usual, let me know what you thought and tell me how I could improve!

Byeee!