•Shall We Skate?• reader request 1

Requested by AstronautBanana5

(sequel to 'I Get What I Want')

[Yuri Plisetsky]

"WHY?! Why did you tell Yakov I would be your partner? I never agreed to any of this bullsh-"

"You didn't agree," Y/N pointed out, "You've been forced,"

"WHY!" He yelled again, flopping down on the sofa opposite the h/c teen.

"This was supposed to be the year of my senior debut," he sighed softly, putting his head in his hands, "And now you've ruined it,"

Y/N's eyes widened. He must have just made the age gap if he was debuting at fifteen. She felt slightly guilty for dragging the young boy into her mess. For merely her own selfish reasons.

"Never mind that," she stated, crossing over to him. "This year, will not only be the year of your senior debut, but also the year of your doubles debut,"

He raised his slightly pink face. "How?" He asked softly, fearing what she would say next.

"You'll simply do both,"

~~~

It was a near impossible feat to debut in two events at once. But Y/N assured him, that she too would suffer. By joining the single ladies skate.

Their theme was to be requited love. Yuri had to adapt quickly. He was no stranger to a romantic theme, but never one that was shared between two people.

Hours and hours the two spent, practicing late into the night. Y/N had found, that even though he held a harsh exterior, he never truly meant any of the negatives that earned him the name, Russian Punk.

And he found, that Y/N was no ordinary, vain girl. She was empathetic, and patient. She understood him more that anyone.

~~~

The pair glided to the center of the rink. Their costumes were simple, nothing too flashy. They turned back to back as the music started.

The theme was requited love. Yuri nor Y/N had ever felt love like that. Yet, strangely, when they skated, it felt as if it was all they felt for each other.

The song came to a close, and they wrapped their arms around each other, and put their foreheads together.

The audience erupted in cheers. The pair bowed, and graciously took the bouquets that were thrown at them. Y/N glanced at Yuri, slightly flushed. "We did it," she smiled. He nodded an waved at the crowd.

She sighed happily. It was amazing to know him. He was so compatible with her. When they touched, their bodies felt complete.

In a moment of sheer impulsiveness, she pulled his collar down, and pecked him in the lips. She pulled away so quickly, one wouldn't have known they kissed. They glided off the ice, to await their score.

~~~

"I still can't believe we got an overall of 298.36!" Y/N laughed, "It was so close to being flawless,"

Yuri nodded, slowly taking his skates off. Y/N frowned. He wasn't ever this quiet.

"Yuri, what's wrong?" She asked softly, resting a hand on his shoulder.

He took a deep breath, "Did you mean it?"

"What?" She asked, her brow creasing in thought.

"The kiss,"

"Oh," she whispered, blushing. She was grateful he still had his back to her, so her blush wasn't apparent.

"I'm sorry," she murmured, "I wasn't thinking and-"

"Did you mean it?" He repeated more harshly.

"Yes," she sighed defeatedly, "I meant it with everything,"

He turned to her with a bland face. She prepared herself for rejection. She should have never taken such a huge risk. And now, he would leave her just like Emilio.

But instead she was met with soft, slightly chilled lips. Yuri looked at her, "I meant that too," he murmured, looking down, a blush etched across his face.

Y/N smiled, and wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his shoulder. Maybe, they would become more than friends...

~~~

Thank you all so much for reading, and I've hoped you enjoy! Requests are still open, simply comment an idea, and I'll try to write it! :)

Remeber to please vote 🌟 Before continuing! 

~Rio

Up Next: Readers Request