•Ribs•

[Yuri Plisetsky Songfic!]

{song: Ribs•Lorde

{{https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gurezhY7cCw

The drink you spilt all over me

'Lover's Spit' left on repeat

My mom and dad let me stay home

It drives you crazy, getting old

You smiled fondly to yourself, watching Yuri glide effortlessly across the ice. He was born for it. And so were you. Two flawless young prodigies. Two eager young souls. Two glass hearts.

We can talk it so good

We can make it so divine

We can talk it good

Those years were the time of your life. You traveled the world with your best friend, doing what you loved. So what if your parents didn't care about your skating career? So what if they shipped you off to Russia so you wouldn't be their problem?

Being on the ice made all of the pain go away. And being with Yuri made it even better.

How you wish it would be all the time

But, as most good things are, your skating life wasn't built to last.

This dream isn't feeling sweet

We're reeling through the midnight streets

And I've never felt more alone

It feels so scary, getting old

"A triple combination!" Roared the announcer alongside the crowd, "And so late in the program! An extraordinary finish by Miss L/N- what!?"

Viktor always said you had to surprise your audience. You decided to throw in another final jump. A quad. Very few females attempted quads, much less as the final movement of their program.

You felt like flying, and for a split-second, you were. And then it all came crashing down.

We can talk it so good

We can make it so divine

We can talk it good

"You've torn up your leg pretty badly, Miss L/N," the doctor sighed, handing you the x-rays. "It's impossible you will ever be able to skate with the vigor you had. You'll be able to walk in time, but, for your safety, you must stay away from the ice"

Tears pooled in your eyes, and dripped silently onto the sheets. Viktor put a consoling arm around you, but it was of no use. Because once a glass heart is shattered, it will never be the same.

This dream isn't feeling sweet

We're reeling through the midnight streets

And I've never felt more alone

It feels so scary, getting old