VI

|6|

Miami D

Miami D. Torrance

Miami watched as Elijah rolled up. She took her feet underneath her and leaned back more onto his couch.

"You smoke?" He looked over his shoulder and once Miami shook her head no he shrugged and brought his attention back to his blunt.Why is your name that?" E questioned.

"Because my mother named me that." Miami responded in a duh tone.

She was already irritated that she wasn't home in her own bed. It was a school night, she had homework, and too other shit to do. But yet she was in somewhat of a strangers home, in the dark, and with a dead phone because the power went out due to the weather.

Elijah refused to take her home because he didn't like driving around in these conditions. So—Miami had been cooped up in his crib for what seemed like three hours.

"Fuck?" She mumbled to herself.

Sucking his teeth, leaned back and lit the freshly made blunt."Yo' all of that for what? It ain't even that serious so chill with all the cussing."

"Boy please. Who are you?" Miami mushed his head. Resulting in Elijah side-eying her.

"You in my crib, remember that." He spat back as he took a pull.

"Only because of the weather." Miami rolled her eyes.

"Why you always on this side, anyway?"

"Long story. You live here all by yourself?" She questioned quickly changing the subject.

Climbing off of the couch, she made her way around his living room. Touching almost everything she seen and taking in his decor.

"You sure you don't deal no more? Like on the side or something. I've heard of your shop but ain't no way it's making this much money." Miami blabbed on.

"You talk too damn much. How you know bout' my shop? You've been checking for me?" Elijah licked his lips and looked Miami's body up and down.

He couldn't front like the white high waisted jeans she was wearing weren't hugging her thighs just right. Or the  peach colored turtle neck sweater, didn't cling to her upper half making the shape of her boobs stick out perfectly.

Miami scoffed and faced towards E .His eyes were low as he fully leaned back on the couch. She broke eye contact a minute later. Pretending to toy around with her black leather jacket.

"Why ya shoes still on?" E's voice took over here ears. "I don't allow shoes on my carpet ma."

Miami looked down at her size five,  all black timbs that contrasted against E's plush all grey carpet. Shrugging her shoulders she looked back up at him—to find him standing right over her.