XII

|12|

Miami D

Miami D. Torrance

"Shad can I talk to you for a second?"

Stepping into her brothers room, Miami kept her head down. She couldn't look him in his eyes, because she didn't know if he was upset with her or not, but lately they hadn't been as close as they were before. Rashad was most definitely her favorite and she didn't need a tarnished relationship with him at all.

"What's up?" Rashad licked over his lips as he patted his bed indicating that Miami could take a seat.

Slipping off her slippers, Miami crawled into his bed and made herself comfortable before sighing.

"If I tell you this then you can't get upset with me like at all." She took her bottom lip into her mouth before peering up at him.

"I can't promise you that Peanut." He moved his lips to the side.

"Alright, well then I'll keep it generic. I've been going through things lately. Y'all probably peeped already but I just haven't been feeling like myself at all. I just feel myself changing more and more everyday and I swear when I looked in the mirror a few days ago I seen her face instead of my own." Miami put her face into her hands as she let out a few tears.

Feeling Rashad scoop her in, Miami cried harder. She didn't want this conversation  to go like this at all, she wanted to tell him about E and losing her virginity to him,  and how she had been feeling like dropping out of school lately .

But she couldn't.

The thoughts just swarmed her mind causing her to cry harder than she ever cried before.

"It's okay." Rashad shushed her and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Dionna look at me." Rashad directed calling her by her middle name.

Lifting her face up, Miami was met with Rashad's fingers wiping away her tears. She took a deep breath and watched as he opened his mouth to speak.

"It's okay to feel how you feeling cause everybody gets confused at a certain point of their life or whatever. Feel me? You stressed and shit and keeping all in ain't healthy. When you know damn well that you surrounded by people who will listen and help you out wit' whatever you going through."

"I know but Shad—I just be scared to tell y'all because I hate disappointing y'all. That's the worst feeling, like I rather y'all just be mad at me. It's like besides Grandma we all we got because our folks ain't shit. Grandma is getting older so I don't want to put my burdens all on her, ya know? I just been feeling like shit though." Miami blew out a breath as she tried her best to get her crying under control.

"We gon be mad and shit. I admit that because you not only our little sister but you really our baby. We all played a part in raising you because you're the youngest. At the end of the day, we go hard for each other as brothers but you being the only girl.. we're going to cater to you and protect you a different type of way. Yet, you shouldn't ever hold anything back from us. We probably the only ones you can count on Miami and that's some true shit." Rashad preached. "Whatever you going through, I'm not gonna pressure you to tell me what's good, but don't hold back for too long cause it's not gonna come back to you in a good way. Speak to me or anyone of us whenever you good and ready but don't keep it in forever."