XXI

|21|

Elijah A

Elijah A. Kingston

A fist was thrown that involved the assailants body weight. It edged towards and connected with Elijah's  jaw with such force, blood pooled out of his mouth. Pain erupted from the point of impact. But it was in E's best interest to suck it up and ignore it because he needed to fight back.

With his own two hands Elijah grasped the man's head in his hands and brought his knee cap up to his nose, there was a blunt crack and he released the man's head. Crimson leaked from both his nostrils and his nose was twisted right.

Elijah smirked before wiping away the blood from his mouth. He felt his eyes roll to the back of his head as a fist came flying and ploughed into his stomach, it was like hitting a train head on. Elijah yelped as his guts smashed together, blood vessels bursting. From there it was constant jabs thrown at each and every part of his body. He knew that it was no longer one on one and anybody who could get a hit in, had managed to. The constant battering continued even when he fell to the floor. His chest gently rose and sank with each shallow breath he drew in. 

From there the beating lasted for what seemed like ages when in all reality it was only five more minutes, before a domestic yet affirmative voice took over the room.

"That's enough!"

Like clockwork all hands and feet were retracted from E's body. He was pulled up to his feet and abruptly thrown onto the couch that took over the middle of Common's office. He felt his concentration start to blare out. His vision became fuzzy and he felt his body go in and out before he was slapped back into consciousness.

"Stay awake." Common demanded as he stood before his nephew. "I'm going to ask you one last time Elijah and I dare you to lie to me."

"I fell asleep." Elijah managed to breath out. "You don't tru-trust me?"

"I don't know who to trust." Common gave him his full attention.

"Can you give us a minute?" Common directed the men of the Clan out his office.

Elijah coughed up some blood and was handed a paper towel. The room cleared out leaving just the two.

Common took a seat on the opposite couch.  He took in his nephew's state and shook his head."I've been through this before." He peered into E's eyes never breaking contact. "Angel and I, we um... we did this before so Elijah just tell me the truth. Because I know already."

"I don't know what to tell you."

"You do!" Common bellowed before standing to his feet. "Elijah you know! You betrayed us! You betrayed me!"