IX

|9|

Elijah A

Elijah A. Kingston

It was going on Saturday afternoon, as Elijah made his way through the mall.

He was trying his best to locate a present for his mother who's birthday was tomorrow. Which also so happened to be Thanksgiving.

Elijah sucked his teeth at his ringing phone already knowing it was his sister Constance.
She was trying to get another big dinner together for tomorrow. Because she didn't want Judy to cook anything due to it being her big day. She also wanted to be the mediator and get to the bottom of everything with Keiara and the Torrance boy. Constance—was big on family. The only person she had a issue with in the family was Shelby and that was due to their own past and demons.

However, she was willing to get past that and bring the family together for their mother's sake.

Constance had Elijah running around all morning. He even had to cancel his appointment with Sevyn to get most of the task done. If it wasn't for his mother, he would of simply blocked Constance's number and had his ass right at the shop. But—Judy was everything to him so it couldn't hurt to run around all day for her.

Walking into Kohl's, E pulled up his sagging jeans and nodded at the cashier who's eyes were on him heavy.

He watched as her cheeks flushed and he couldn't help but to smirk. Wanting to mess with her a bit, he licked over his lips and walked up to her.

"Wassup?"

"Good morning and welcome to Kohl's. How can I be of service?" The girl spoke trying her best to get all her words out.

"I'm looking for a little something for my OG. Her birthday is tomorrow." E smiled.

"She was born on Thanksgiving? That's nice." The girl smiled showcasing her white braces, they complimented her mocha skin complexion. "Okay, so it all depends on what your mother favors."

"She likes any and everything expensive." E chuckled.

"Do you know her size?"

"Nah." He shook his head.

"She a good mom? The type that deserves the world? "

Raising his eyebrows, the girl laughed at his response and pulled out a paper. Elijah watched as she wrote down a few things before she slipped the paper to him.

"It was just—I seen this really cool idea on Pinterest the other day. It involves flower's and money. So my grandmother owns a flower shop. You should get her some expensive perfume from here maybe even some chocolates. And then a dozen roses from my grandmothers shop, I'll tell her you're coming so that maybe you could get a discount.You said your mother likes expensive things, right? So I say you put money in between each rose, you know? It's creative and what's better then money?"