XXII

•FIRST PERSON•

|22|

The following morning:

Miami D. Torrance

This shit was not right. This shit did not feel right. Never in my life did I imagine at sixteen years old, I would be in this much pain. My mind was completely fucked up, and as I woke up this morning in a room that wasn't my room. Along with a bed that was not my bed, I couldn't help but to go over the course of events that led me here.

"They really think I'm snitching." I spoke to myself before rolling my eyes at the creaking of my voice.

I had been crying all night and had recently fallen asleep around five in the morning. Clearly, God was not on my side because it was only seven o'clock now.

Shaking my head that by now, tears were  pouring out my eyes. Lately it seemed like I cried over everything when before I wouldn't even cry over a family member dying. It's crazy what falling in love did to you because the moment I met E. I had became so much more vulnerable and reliant on others. Which is why everything was hitting me so hard now. Solely because in this moment I felt like I had no one.

To make matters worse, showing up at E's door last night, just to watch another women open it up and greet me, truly broke me. I was entirely too tired and out of it to react, but I could say that when she looked me up and down and responded with; "You're younger than I thought." Before brushing past me and walking out, I was extremely caught off guard. And to see Elijah all bandaged up and chilling like it was just normal, that threw me for a curve even more. But I didn't ask questions because again, I lacked too much energy.

Now that I was replaying it all, I was getting more irritated causing my anxiety to sky rocket.

"Damn." I felt the bed shift beside me causing me to look over at Elijah who had stood up to stretch and rub his eyes.

"Why you keep crying?" He eyed me after letting out a yawn.

I simply mugged him before laying back down. Clutching the cover tighter, I looked up at the ceiling and sighed.

"I'm talkin' to myself?" His voice rang through my ears again.

"Elijah shut up!" I raised my voice before turning my back to him.

It went silent for a moment before the cover was rudely snatched from my body. Causing me to shiver as the coldness of the air hit my skin. I looked down to realize I wore nothing but underwear and one of his shirts that sucked up my entire body.