XXVIII

|28|

•March 2nd•

•March 2nd•

Miami D. Torrance

"Place your pointer finger right here please

"Place your pointer finger right here please."The correctionals officer grabbed Miami's right hand rather harshly, and placed her finger down on an ink pad.

"Damn you could ease up a little with the aggression?" Miami snatched her hand back and rubbed over her forefinger. "Can I go in now?"

"Yes, no touching, keep the conversation volume to a minimum, and watch the gestures!"

Sucking her teeth, Miami walked through the doors that led to the meeting area. She found a table in the far left corner of the room, took a seat, and watched as various prisoners were guided in and out. Her anticipation sky rocketing as she awaited on who she came to see. She looked around the room, her eyes catching onto a pregnant women sobbing as they took who Miami assumed to be the father of her child away.

Sighing as the scene unfolded before her, Miami was soon interrupted by the clearing of a male throat. Her hands immediately turned clammy and her heartbeat picked up as she observed the man in front of her. 

After everything that occurred last night, Miami woke up knowing that it was time for her to take matters into her own hands. Even though, she never pictured herself being in the middle of this beef or even using the little power she had over the Westside to her advantage. She knew that she needed to boss up and at least try to put a stop to it all. The hate the two sides had for each other was hate stemming from around thirty years ago, and the last time they came face to face was around sixteen years ago. Miami knew that she couldn't completely end the feud but if she could somehow get them to respect each other's territories than maybe it wouldn't be so intense and chaotic.

With that being said, there was only three people she knew of that could get each side to calm things down. One of them she had never met in her life and she never planned on it, another she knew wanted nothing to do with her and hated her much more than they hated her brothers, and the last person was her last resort. If they weren't going for her proposal than she didn't know what steps to take after that. But she did know one thing, and that was that she wasn't ready to give up her relationship with E. She loved her family but she loved herself and her happiness more.