XXIII

|23|

Miami D

Miami D. Torrance

Miami cuddled against Elijah's pillow as she stirred in her sleep. She felt the spot next to her which should of been consumed with E's presence but that wasn't the case this morning. Opening her eyes and blinking repeatedly, it took a minute to get accustomed to the lighting but once she did, she wasted no time sitting up and stretching.

"Why you sleep so much now?" 

Jumping in shock, Miami's neck craned to the doorway where E stood posted up. Unbeknownst to her  he had been watching her sleep for an hour straight. It had nothing to do with the five blunts he consumed or the fact that he suffered from insomnia. He just loved watching her because it brought him to peace.

"What do you mean?" She finally croaked out, his demeanor was making her uncomfortable and she didn't know what to think.

"Last night, you didn't want to fuck. You wanted to sleep. When I went over to your house to talk shit out, you wanted to sleep and cuddle. You've been staying wit' me for a week now and you jus' sleep."

"I'm depressed Elijah damn."

E scrunched his face up, he knew she had been feeling down and alone because her family or friends weren't fucking with her at the moment. But something was telling him it was more to it.

Miami waved him off and made her way to the bathroom. She figured he must've smoked some this morning and was talking to just hear himself talk. "I need you to drop me off today, because I'm not ordering anymore rides. I gotta' start saving my money until I hear back from some jobs." She said over her shoulder.

E followed her into the bathroom and watched as she brushed her teeth. "I don't think you should be working ma."

Miami eyed him suspiciously. She spit and rinsed her mouth and face before turning her attention over to him. "Why you acting like that nigga?" She raised her eyebrow. "Feel like you being mad weird."

"How is me being concerned for you acting weird? See that's your problem now you always seeing some type of flaw in whatever I say or do. That shit getting real annoying bruh."

Miami's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, she had no idea where his shift in energy was coming from but she didn't like how it was directed towards her. The day literally just started so for him to come at her crazy already, really threw Miami off.

She shook her head before she turned back to the mirror. Elijah just watched her get ready not saying a word, his gaze was intense and even when Miami peered back from the mirror he didn't even try to break his eyesight.She swallowed the lump in her throat and shook off the feeling in her chest before finishing her morning routine.