Whiskey

It's been a few weeks since Maine got admitted in the hospital. She has already woken up, but it's as if she is paralysed as she still hasn't moved. Her eyes open once in a while, however, she just keeps on staring at the ceiling. The doctor says that it's actually a good sign, and it means that she's back to recovering.

Richard is practically living in the hospital, since Maine has been admitted. The nurses pitied seeing him sleeping on the small bench, that they decided to roll in another bed that will make him more comfortable. He turned the cafeteria into his dining area, and has already befriended the servers and baristas present. He's chosen to just stay beside Maine as he also can't take the depressing feel that the Mendozas' residences gave. He found it to be better anyways so that he can watch over Maine easier.

*knock* *knock*

Richard turns his head towards the door, stands up and gingerly walks over to it. He turns the nob, revealing his family holding a bunch of flowers and balloons that read, "Get Well Soon". They all had smiles in their faces, as they wanted to re-assure that they were going to be there for the both of them. He couldn't help but get teary eyed with their overwhelming support, also because he hasn't seen them for a while - residing in Maine's hospital room and all. He's been carrying so much weight for the past few weeks that he hasn't actually unloaded any of it to any one. He walks over to his father, hugs him, buried his face on his shoulder and sobs. His father could only rub his back to try and console him.

Next to try and make him feel better was Rosie. She rushes over to him and starts to hug his leg tightly. Richard notices this, looks down on her, and picks her up in his arms. He hugs her ever so tightly, and next thing they found that they were all having a huge group hug in front of the entrance.

"Pasok na tayo," he insists, as he broke away from their hug.

They all go in, with Lolo, Lola and Richard Sr. sitting on the bench, and Richard, Rosie and Roland sitting on the extra bed. Rosie moves over to sit on her brother's lap.

"Ate Maine?" she shyly calls out. "It's me...Rosie."

Maine's eyes suddenly open, and blink a few times as they stare towards the ceiling.

Rosie, my baby.

"Hi, Ate, si Roland 'to. 'Yong pinaka poging Faulkerson," he expresses, earning a light punch from Richard.

"Apo, andito din kami ng Lolo mo."

"Present din ako 'Nak."

You're all here...thank you.

They see Maine shut her eyes tight, and Richard notices a tear dropping from her left eye. He moves Rosie over and walks to Maine to wipe her tear away.

"She's been doing that recently. Magigising, didilat, pipikit, tapos iiyak. Ang sakit niyang pagmasdan ng ganito, kasi naiisip ko na aware na siya sa mga nangyayari."

He starts to palm her cheek, caressing it to comfort her. With her eyes still closed, she rubs her cheek on his palm as a response.

"Grabe, Ate, kahit ganiyan ang kalagayan mo, ang ganda mo pa din," Roland comments.

"Yeah, you're right...she's beautiful."

-

Richard's family leaves and he is now left to himself, with Maine once again. He pulls up a chair beside her bed, takes her hand into his and stares at her. He continues to examine her, slightly smiling as he sees that her wounds have healed. What remains is only a small scar above her right eye.

"Maine...hindi ko alam kung naririnig mo ako."

With this, her eyes open.

"Hindi ko alam kung naiintindihan mo ako. But I'm gonna give it a try anyways dahil ayokong maulit ulit na hindi ko 'to masasabi sa'yo."

Say it, RJ, say it.

"I gotta be honest, I didn't want to be your bodyguard. You probably knew that too, with the way that I approached you and all. Ang gusto ko lang naman kasi, is to repay your Dad for all the good that he has done to me. Hindi ko naman inaasahan na magkakaroon ako ng isang...ikaw."

Oh, RJ.

"You see...matagal ko ng nararamdaman. Siguro nilalabanan ko lang kasi, I didn't want to disappoint your Dad further. Natakot ako, na if I did, paghihiwalayin niya ulit tayo. And I would rather spend time with you with my feelings hidden, than speak them and not get to spend any time with you. Ganoong ka-grabe akong tinamaan sa'yo, Maine."

Ngayon mo pa talagang naisip na ipagtapat 'yan sa akin. Kung kailan hindi ako maka-react ng maayos. Loko-loko ka talaga.

"Maine, I know you're in there. With the way that your tear drops whenever you feel overwhelmed. When you close tour eyes in frustration when I tell you my dry jokes. With the way that your right foot flinches when they change the dressing of the needle in your arm. I know, Maine. I know."

Yes...you do know.

"Maine, I remember when you were telling me about how insecure you were. Which...to be honest, I found so peculiar as I found that you always exude so much confidence. So, I'm here to tell you that you have nothing to be insecure about. Maine, I love the way your hair always gets tangled, because I get to untangle them with my own fingers. I love the dark circles under your eyes, because it gives you character and mystery. I really think that pouting suits you, and you shouldn't be hesitant on doing it just because your lips have discoloration. I love it when I pinch your chin, because it somehow brings out your cleft. You always complain about your love handles, and I always seem to stare at you too long as I try and figure out where these said handles are. I don't know how long it'll take me to list everything that I love about you. But I hope that I matter enough to you, that these words would be sufficient for you to realise that you don't need to be insecure and that...I love you Ms. Mendoza. I love you just the way you are."

I love you too, Mr. Faulkerson.

Mr. Faulkerson, I love you too.

I love you, Mr. Faulkerson.

"Mahal din kita, Mr. Faulkerson."

-

A/N: I'm so sorry I didn't update last week! I was away for a few of days and became too busy to post an update.

There's only three more chapters left guys 😱 I really can't believe how we've come this far (huwaw). Again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for all of your support! But hey, we still have Remembering Sir Tisoy!

DTBY IS TONIGHT! Sa mga makakanood ng live, enjoy niyo 'yan! As for me, team replay kasi 1:30 am na siya mapapalabas dito...hirap mapuyat when you have a class the next day mga bes.