X-Ray

"So, you're telling me that my Dad left our beach house to Richard? Ano? Asaan ang hustisya?" she exclaimed.

Meanwhile, Richard couldn't get rid of the smirk off his face. Maine looks over to him.

"Aray!" Richard screams as Maine hit his arm.

"Look at you, looking all proud," she frustrates, whilst crossing her arms, and facing away from him.

"I love you," he says, as he makes kissy faces at her.

"Tigilan mo 'ko sa mga ganiyan mo, Ricardo," she replies, now looking at him. "Pero...I love you too," she adds, caressing his cheek in the process.

"Besides, it'll be ours when the time comes, anyways," he emphasises, raising his eyebrows at her.

"Not only are you proud, but you're also very confident. Anong nakain mo, RJ?"

He felt his heart flutter at her words. They start to get caught up in each other's eyes, realising how much they have been through together.

-

Right after she finally spoke, Richard couldn't help but hug her. It definitely startled her, as she was still in the process of 'waking up'. The Doctor actually told him off a little bit, as he didn't alert them that she was finally responsive, right away. But who could blame him? Not only did the love of his life finally, speak, but she also confessed to loving him back.

She was released the next day, and Richard was so careful, that he was aiding her steps and opening all doors for her - making them look as if they just found out that they're going to be parents.

"RJ, kaya ko namang maglakad. Hindi mo na ako kailangang akayin."

"Babe, you're still a bit weak. Let me help you."

She stares at him for a while, examining his face, making sure that everything that was happening was real. She reaches for his face, and places her palm on his cheek.

"I'm not dreaming, right?"

"You're very much awake, Babe."

"That's what you always said in my dreams."

"You dreamed of me?"

"Of course. Feeling ko nga, ikaw ang bida sa lahat ng panaginip ko eh."

"Pero ngayon, ako na ang bida sa buhay mo," he jeers, as he also tries to give her a wink.

"Ah. Ang sakit ng ulo ko," she said whilst holding her head.

"H-Ha? Wait, you want me to call your doctor?" he asks in a state of panic.

"Tigilan mo 'yang mga hirit mong ganiyan, that way, baka mawala 'yong sakit."

No labels. It's always so looked down upon, whenever that term gets thrown around. Usually, people would say that there's no assurance in that kind of relationship. But with them, all they understand and hold on to, is the fact that they truly love each other. They don't need the opinion of others. And they both know that what they have is going to end in front of the altar, anyway.

He's extra paranoid, now, with her. He always has to know her exact location. Some girls would mind that a lot, but she actually finds it sweet. She doesn't want to go through what she did again, so it's always good to know that she is being kept safe.

"Asaan ka na?"

"Kakasundo lang sa akin ni Manong. Pauwi na din ako."

"How was therapy?"

"It was good. I still don't understand why I have to do it, though? I mean, ikaw na din naman ang personal therapist ko, diba?"

"Hay, Meng, I'm flattered. And believe me, I would rather have it that way. But the thing is, your doctor demanded for you to have one. So, wala din tayong choice."

"Love?"

"Yes, Babe?"

"Thank you."

"Ha? For what?"

"Kasi, lagi kang nandiyan para sa'kin. Hindi mo ako tuluyang pinabayaan. Tapos, minahal mo pa ako."

"Laging andiyan? Eh, wala nga ako sa tabi mo ngayon. Sorry nga pala talaga ah? Hindi kita nasamahan, today. Pinatawag kasi ako dito sa headquarters."

"Eto naman, ok lang 'yon! You don't have to be sorry for that. Sandali, bakit ka nga pala pinatawag?"

"Well, naginquire kasi ako, if there are any positions that they have that won't require me to work in the field. Para...maalagaan kita ng maayos."

"RJ, you didn't have to do that."

"Yes I did, Meng."

"O, anong sabi nila?"

"Good news. Very good news. They have a position where I would just need to work in the headquarters; training others, doing supervisory work, those kind of things. Sabi nila, they were thinking of promoting me to do such things anyways, naunahan ko lang sila," Richard says with a giggle. 

"Love, that's really good to hear!"

-

The lawyer lets out a cough, to make sure that they know that he is still there. 

"Ay, sorry, Sir. Um, anything else that we need to know about?" 

"Ah, yes. But, I'm sorry, Maine. This has to be between Richard and I. Your father, right before he- Um, your father, gave very strict orders for me to do so." 

Maine - slightly dissapointed - kindly obliged. They left her in the living room, whilst they walked to the backyard. 

"Ano po ba 'yon? Bakit parang kailangang sobrang private."

"Well, it's because of this," the lawyer said as he took out a small red velvet box from his pocket. 

"What's this?" Richard asked as he opened it and saw a simple diamond ring, sitting in the middle of the box. 

"It was Mrs. Mendoza's engagement ring. Mr. Mendoza...wanted you to have it. He said you'll know exactly what to do with it."

Yes, he did.