Bravo

It's been two weeks since Richard has been watching over Maine. Her father has also strictly impressed for her to reside in their family home, which has forced her to abandon her condo unit. Since Richard lives in an extension of the Mendoza's residences, he is still able to keep close watch of her.

In those two weeks that they have been together, their bickering still hasn't stopped. Mostly over the fact that Richard doesn't leave her side, while Richard argues that it's his job to do so.

Maine decided to meet her friend Cole at a coffee shop.

They enter through the glass doors as the guard opens it for them. Maine scans the room and looks for Cole who is now waving her arm frantically at Maine. Maine runs up to meet Cole at her seat and they hug each other squealing.

"Girl! Long time no see!"

"Oo nga, sorry ah. You know naman that my Dad currently has me on lockdown," she jokingly says.

Maine then realises that Richard is still standing right beside her. She notices that he still hasn't removed his shades when the thing is, the interiors of the cafe gave off a dimmed setting.

"Pati ba talaga dito naka shades ka? Sana matapilok ka diyan sa kalokohan mong 'yan."

Richard disregards her comment and continues to stand beside her looking around the place to double check if there were any threats present. Maine sees him doing so and rolls her eyes.

"Safe dito. Sige na, dun ka na," she says pointing to a further seat.

Richard looks over to the only free seat in the cafe. He sees that it was situated five tables away from Maine's. As much as he would be grateful to sit that far away from her, he had a duty to fulfil; he wasn't going to compromise Maine's safety.

He lifts his glasses so that it is up to his forehead, looks at Maine straight in the eyes and shakes his head no.

"Eh saan ka naman uupo kung hindi dun? Ano, tatayo ka na lang diyan? Sige, mangangalay ka din."

He places his shades back and instead of complying with Maine, he sits on the chair in between them. Maine looks over to Cole for support but then she sees her with her chin rested on her hand looking at Richard, all doe eyed. Maine pulls her arm away from her chin, waking Cole up from her trance.

"In fairness girl, ang pogi ng bodyguard mo ah," she says.

Maine ignores this comment and turns to Richard.

"Excuse me. Maguusap po kami. Do you know what the word privacy means?"

Richard stood up, lifted his chair and started walking backwards as to not take his eyes off of them. He takes three large steps, places the chair down and sits on it.

"Huwag kang magpapaloko sa mukhang 'yan," Maine declares while taking a sip of her latte.

"Bakit naman? Why are you so mean to him?"

"At ako pa talaga ang napasama ngayon? This whole two weeks he's been with me, all he does is insult me!"

-
Mr. Mendoza gave Richard strict orders not to let Maine drive. But because she's so stubborn, Richard found himself sitting on the driver's seat while Maine has a duet with her car radio.

"How? How could you say you love me? When you would go and leave me? How could you make me hurt so ba-"

Richard presses the next button on the screen. Maine doesn't say a word but gives him a glare instead.

"'Cause if you want to keep me. You gotta, gotta, gotta, got to love me harder."

As soon as she finished the line, Richard pressed the off button on the screen.

"Hoy! Bakit mo pinatay?"

Richard doesn't respond but continues to stare out the window. Maine was about to press the play button when Richard instantly held her hand.

"Sige subukan mo."

"But this is my car!"

"I don't care! You're annoying me!"

Maine gasps, and presses abruptly on the breaks.

"Annoying pala ah? Edi lumabas ka!"

Richard slumps and crosses his arms. 

"Ano? Lalabas ka ba or lalabas ka?"

"Hindi puwede."

Maine gives him a smile of victory.

" And that is why you need to comply with me. Wala ka namang choice eh."

She starts driving again, and soon enough she was back to performing at her mini concert.

-

"And it doesn't even stop there Cole!"

-

"Kaya ka tumataba eh."

Maine choked and nearly spat out the coffee she was drinking.

"Excuse me?" she exclaims scrunching her eyebrows.

"Sa mga araw na nakasama kita, hindi mo pinalalampas na uminom ng latte. Large na nga ang inoorder mong size, nakakadalawa ka pa minsan."

Maine felt defeated so she quickly thought of a comeback.

"Ay wow, nakakahiya naman diyan sa burjer mo." she says as she proudly sips her coffee.

"Burjer? A-anong burjer?"

Maine stands up and walks closer to him. She leans over him, and he moved his head away.

"In fairness din sa butones mo na 'yan. Kapit kung kapit. Napaka supportive. Bes goals," she says pointing to the last button on his white collared shirt.

Richard starts to feel his cheeks turn red from embarrassment and his ears turn the same color because of anger. He slints his eyes and starts to button up his suit, not taking his glare away from her. She reciprocates this and continues to raise her eyebrow at him.

Once he finished buttoning his suit she starts to walk away but as she does so, she couldn't help but push his buttons one last time (no pun intended).

"Kung wala ka nang maintindihan. Kung wala ka nang makapitan. Kapit ka sa akin...kagaya ng kapit ng butones ni Richard," she sings.

-

"Ang cute kaya ng burjer. Bagay sa kaniya," Cole argues.

"That wasn't what I wanted you to get out of the story," Maine says rolling her eyes.

"Ikaw naman kasi binubully mo. Kaya ka binabanatan ng ganoon."

"My point is, Cole, he's rude. And I can't wait for the day when I finally ditch him."

"Maine? Kilala kita. Anong plano mo?"

She didn't say anything but instead gave Cole a smug look.

A/N: This and the next chapter are my fave chapters that I've written so far. So, let's go for 30 votes, to release what's up next! :D