Victor

A/N: I apologize in advance as I haven't actually proofread this. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy. And also, watch out for the next chapter kasi matatapos na ang mga masasakit na pangyayari. 

-

They got to the hospital with Maine still unconscious in his arms.

"DOC! DOC! I need a doctor, now!" he shouts at no one in particular.

Soon enough a group of nurses rush in, pushing a bed. He places her there, gently, and runs with the nurses as they roll her through the hallway. They reach the doors that led to the ER, where he could no longer enter through.

He places his back on the wall, and his knees give way to the overbearing sorrow that has now taken its toll on his body. He sobs into his palms, and then hugs his knees.

"I'm sorry I failed you, Mr. Mendoza. I'm so, so, sorry," he continues to cry.

Nanay finds him, crouches low so that she is levelled with him and starts to rub his back. He is still pouring his eyes out when all of a sudden they hear a shriek that seem to have come from the ER.

Both Nanay and Richard's heads turn as they both realise who it was that was releasing the sound. He rises to his feet and rushes up to the ER's door, pounding his fist on it.

"MENGGAY! MENGGAY! Let me in! Please let me in! Menggay, andito lang ako!"

He sees her arms flailing through the windows of the door, and he wasn't thankful that her bed was so close from it. She continues to resist as the nurses try to insert the IV needle in her.

"Sino kayo? Bitiwan niyo ako! Mga masasamang tao kayo!" he hears her call out, realising that she still isn't living in this reality.

"Stop it! You're hurting her!" he cries out, fist still punching the door.

She lets out another shout, and he feels the glass start to vibrate. Until, a few more nurses come into the scene, pinning her down, whilst another one pierces her neck with a syringe; putting her in a deep sleep.

-

"She went into a panic attack, Richard. Earlier, we had to sedate her because she was getting out of control."

Richard hears his words, however, he still looks on to Maine who is now lying in bed - almost looking like her father when he last saw him. He sees her chest rising up and down, relieving him from the painful memory of Mr. Mendoza. 

"You don't have to worry too much, because she's stable now. All we have to do is wait for her to wake up."

"Kailan po 'yon, Doc?"

"We won't know for sure. It could take a few days, maybe even a week. It depends on how long her body wants to rest."

Richard nods, signalling the doctor to exit the room. He pulls up a chair beside the bed, and continues to look at her. He takes hold of her hand with both of his and massages it. He then remembers one of the last days they spent together. 

-

"Menggay, ano ba? Ang aga-aga, nanggigising ka," Richard expresses as he rubs his eyes with the back of his hand.