Chapter Two

I don't think there is anything wrong in this chapter, but I want you to be aware I did come in to find that someone had gone on my computer. Most likely my brother, so if there is something really bad, please tell me. I couldn't find anything, but just in case... Yeah. Sorry. 

Picture of how I picture the Werewolf pack house to look like. :]

Eyes covered, Maroon listened as Kyle explained to Caleb. 

“Alpha! What if she is one of them? She smells just like them and she did come from their house.”  Kyle hissed. Maroon didn’t have to look to know Kyle was glaring at her with hatred. 

“Kyle. Go get dressed. I will ask the questions.” Caleb calmly reply. Maroon heard someone grunt before footsteps faded away.

“You may uncover your eyes now.” Caleb said, his hand touching her shoulder gently. Maroon gasped in surprise when Caleb touch sent a sharp tingle through her body. Meeting Caleb’s blue eyes, she saw the same surprise, but he quickly went back to be emotionless and just stood up. 

Maroon quickly got up as well, standing in front of him. Maroon couldn't help but notice how tall Caleb was as her eyes were level to his chest. Caleb folded his hands behind his back and looked to the side. What was that feeling? Did he not notice? No, he had too. He had the surprise in his eyes. 

“Kyle was right.” Caleb suddenly stated. Maroon looked up at him curiously and anxious. Were they going to hurt her? “I can hear your heart beat. You're human. So, why are you here?” he questioned, gesturing to the house once full of Vampires. 

“I– Um...” Maroon paused, looking down. Knowing that Caleb had come here to kill Viva, she knew she shouldn’t tell him what she knew or that she knew him. She didn’t want to risk getting Viva hurt, or herself, especially with what Kyle said before.

“Well?” Caleb pressed, looking her down, questionably. Maroon felt her palms start to sweat. What was she going to say? She couldn’t tell the truth. “Think Maroon! Think!” she told herself. 

She looked down and whispered, “I live here.”

Caleb looked shocked as he stared at Maroon in horror, making her feel awkward. She was happy here though, she was with the one she loved and people that watched over her and kept her safe. Sure, it wasn’t perfect, but nothing is.

“Remove your scarf.” Caleb suddenly ordered, his voice powerful and demanding. Maroon looked up at his blue eyes to see they had grown angry and his expressions darkened.

“Wh– Why?” Maroon stuttered, taking a step back and putting a hand on her scarf. She couldn’t let him see the scars. 

For the first time, Caleb looked like a threat. “Maroon. Remove the scarf. Now!” He shouted, making her flinch. 

When she flinched, Caleb seemed to calm, but only for a second when he looked back towards her neck. Before Maroon could react, Caleb had reached out and torn the scarf from her throat. He stared at her neck in horror and pain, looking disgusted as he stared at the scars. Maroon tensed and cowered away, feeling insecure. She quickly moved to cover her neck with her hand. Never had Maroon felt insicure out about her scars till now. Viva always told her never to be ashamed of them.