Chapter Eleven

Everything started to make sense. The tingles and shocks and the urges. The safeness Maroon feels when ever she is near to Caleb.

She looked down at his baby blue eyes as they looked nervous, awaiting an responds from her. She smiled down at him and pressed her lips to his, a way of being acceptive of the idea. She wasn’t one hundred percent what it mean that she was his mate, but if it involved her and Caleb, then she liked it.

Caleb immediately kissed her back, but she pulled away, chuckling. They were silent for a while, smiling at each other. Watching each other.

“So you’re alright with this? Being my mate?” Caleb questioned, his eye brows pressed together. 

Maroon nodded and shrugged, “There is a lot I don’t know about mates though Caleb. I know they are someones soul mate,” Maroon smiled at the idea. Caleb’s soul mate. She pressed her lips gently to Caleb’s again. She was dazzled by the idea. 

Pulling away, Maroon sighed happily and thought. She thought specifically back to the day she first asked Caleb about mates. He had told her two things, and two things only, a mate was a werewolves soul mate and that he didn’t have one. Did Caleb simple lie in the beginning and finally is telling her now? Or was he lying about her being his mate still? Her heart swelled at the idea. Her not being his mate and him lying to her. Why would he do that, say that?

Caleb pushed a fallen strand of Maroon’s black hair behind her ear. She smiled a bit but then got serious. She needed to know if Caleb was telling the truth or had lied to her.

“Why did you lie to me, Caleb. About being your mate?” Maroon questioned, looking down at him, crossing her arms just as a way to look strong when really it was a disguise of the hurt she could already feel.

Caleb frowned, looking irritated and confused. “What do you mean? I’m not lying to you. I wouldn’t do that. You are my mate, Maroon.”

Her heart jumped and her stomach filled with butterflies as he spoke those words. You are my mate, Maroon. 

She grinned at him, happy at his words. 

“What, now you believe me? Do I have to repeat myself? You are my mate, Maroon. You are my soul mate. You–”

Maroon chuckled as she leaned and kissed his soft lips, silencing him. Caleb moaned a bit, making Maroon blush but she smiled in the kiss before breaking apart. 

“I believe you, Caleb. What I meant,” Maroon pushed her hair back with her hands before looking around. “What I meant is why did you lie before,” Caleb looked confused again. “When I first asked you about mates? Why did you say you didn’t have one? Why not just tell me the truth?” 

Caleb sighed but sat up, Maroon still comfortable on top of him, straddling him. She was happy with it, and Caleb didn’t seem to mind as his hands stayed on her hips.

“I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to stress or freak you out. We had just met each other and I couldn’t tell if you hated or just didn’t trust me since you incessantly hid from me days. I thought if I told you the truth you’d freak and would never accept me.” 

Maroon pondered what Caleb said. He had a point. When she first asked him, they weren’t exactly on equal sides or terms since that night Caleb was practically demanding to watch her all night, not that she minded that much. They had fought though, argued, about Viva. Knowing they were on good terms now, it was the best time to reveal the secret and tell the truth.

“Yeah.” Maroon responded, lost in thought. Caleb chuckled and she looked down at him.

“Yeah? That is what you respond with. Yeah?” Caleb chuckled, falling onto his back laughing. Maroon tilted her head to the side. Why was that so funny?