Chapter Four

[Not Edited]

Maroon calmed as she saw the stranger in her bed room was Viva. Viva looked into her eyes and smiled, his fangs pointing out. 

“Viva–” Maroon started, only to have Viva press his cold finger to her lips, silencing her. Instead Maroon smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.

“I missed you so much.” she breathed in his ear, tears starting to fall from her eyes. He had returned for her, like she knew he would.

“I missed you too. I can hardly survive without you.” Viva whispered back, his voice so quiet Maroon could hardly hear it. Viva crushed her body to his as he hugged her, his face in her neck. 

Before she knew it, she felt the familiar pain of his fangs as they cut deep into her neck. Suppressing a cry of pain, Maroon put her hands on his shoulders and neck. She felt her body going limp as Viva tightened his hold and moved his hand up to her neck, bitting harder. 

Everything around her started to grow blurry as she felt herself get lighter and lighter. Maroon clearly felt as Viva’s needle sharp fangs pull out of her flesh as he laid her back down on her bed. She felt so weak, but happy she could help the one she loved. 

“Viva...” Maroon moaned, reaching out an weak arm for him. “Don’t leave me.” 

Viva took hold of her hand and brought it to his cold face. She watched as he licked his lips and his eyes go back to their natural red color. “I will never leave you, my love, but I can’t stay either.” 

“Viva...” she sighed, a tear falling from her eye. “You promised me though.” 

He kissed her hand and held it to his cheek, “I know love and I am so sorry. I never wanted you to get pulled into this fight. I am just thankful you are alright and they aren’t hurting you. Even if my enemy, I am glad he is watching over you and keeping you safe. Aren’t you happy I didn’t turn you now?” Viva lightly joked. 

Maroon smiled as she felt her eye lids get heavy. She didn’t want to pass out or go back to sleep yet though, she wanted to spend more time with Viva.

“Viva... the manor.” Maroon whispered, closing her eyes.

“Don’t worry. I’m working to start a new, stronger army to attack Caleb’s pack with. We will get our revenge my dear pet. Soon.” Viva replied softly, she could feel his face not too far away. 

Opening her eyes, she lifted an arm to pull Viva’s lips to hers. Viva placed his hand behind Maroon’s head to lift her face to his as he kissed her. He ran a hand up her leg, over her hip, and rested it on her stomach. His cold skin rose goosebumps on hers as she kissed him back. She felt like he was kissing her goodbye somehow, but she knew he’d return for her. 

Maroon felt weak as Viva kissed her, his ice lips sending shivers through her skin and bones. She had missed him so much.

Sadly though, Viva had to leave. She knew that, he couldn’t stay in a house full of people trying to kill him. He pulled away and smiled down at her, brushing her black hair from her face. 

“Good bye for now my beautiful love.” Viva whispered, kissing her lips gently again.  

Viva got up from her bed and made his way towards the balcony. 

“Viva...” Maroon whispered. He stopped and turned to her. “I love you.” 

“I love you too, my sweet Maroon.” Viva’s voice carried in the wind.

Maroon woke to the sun shining brightly in on her. She smiled, recalling Viva’s visit last night. Stretching out her arms, she felt something on her pillow. Sitting up, she examined her pillow. She gasped and started to panic. Her pillow was covered in blood.