Chapter Eight

Caleb continued to slam his fist on the bathroom door as Maroon stood examining the bruises. 

How could this be happening? It was a dream. It had to be. Caleb himself said he was with my the whole time. 

Tears poured from Maroon's eyes as she brushed a hand over an bruise on her rib. It hurt so much.

"Maroon! What is going on? Open the door?" Caleb shouted, his voice panicked. Maroon looked at the door, noticing with Caleb persistence and strength, the door wouldn't hold for much longer.

So she ran hot water and splashed her face in hope to clear her red eyes, or hid the tears at the least. She didn't want Caleb to see her tears, he'd only worry more.

Finally, alright with her appearance, Maroon opened the door. Caleb stood, his fist risen about to hit the door, but lowered it when he noticed Maroon. He grabbed her shoulders and leaned down a bit to look in her green eyes.

"What is wrong Maroon? What happened? Are you hurt?" Caleb questioned, his eyes scanning her body for injury. 

Maroon shook her head, "No. I'm fine." She lied, smiling at Caleb. Caleb didn't seem to buy.

"What is going on Maroon? I know you are hiding something." 

Maroon pushed Caleb's hands away and chuckled, walking over to her dresser to grab some fresh clothes to change into. Caleb watched her like a hawl, following her every move. He wasn't buying her act.

She sighed and turned to him. If she told him, he'd either think she was crazy or immediatly blame Viva. Knowing he'd choose the latter, she smiled.

"Caleb, stop watching me like that. I'm alright. I just, freaked a little. So can you just forget it already." Maroon was trying her hardest for Caleb to just  drop it and go back to normal, what ever normal is this. She smiled, walking towards him.

He didn't flinch, move, speak or anything. It was like he was a statue. She laughed and punched his arm. When he didn't move, Maroon walked past him into the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

She placed her hands on the sink and sighed. She didn't really understand why she was really hiding this all from Caleb. She just had this feeling in her that told herself not to tell Caleb, yet another part of her was screaming for her to run to Caleb and tell him everything. Why?

Now clean and changed into fresh clothes, Maroon tied her wet hair into a ballerina bun and walked back into her room. Caleb stood exactly where she left him, only this time he his arms were crossed and his eyes were closed.

She walked over to stand in front of him and waited for him to look at her. He didn't. What, was he ignoring her now?

"What are you doing?" She asked, folding her arsm as well, just because it was comfortable.

"Discussing with Kyle." Caleb stated, still not moving or looking at her. She found it increadibly rude.

"About what?" 

"You." 

Maroon scowled as she now was angry. How can he just stand there, talking in his mind about her while she is right in front of him. Maroon lifted her foot and stomped on Caleb's foot. That got his attention.

"What was that for?" Caleb said, now looking at her questionable.

"It is increaibly rude to talk about be people when they are right there." Maroon replied, her voice sassy. 

Caleb sighed and looking down before looking away. He was in thought again.

Maroon huffed out a breath, "You could at least tell me what you are saying about me." She complained.