Chapter Thirteen

Has a bit of langage. Just as warning. 

Maroon’s eyes fluttered open as light stung into her eyes, blinding her. She moved a hand to cover her eyes and stretched out the other, yawning.

Sitting up, Maroon pulled away the covers lazily, stretching out her body and lowly getting out of bed. She stretched again. Her body was so sour and tight. Maroon stretched out her body like a cat before walking outside of the room and downstairs to the kitchen. 

Walking down the stairs, at the last stair there, she stopped, staring at her reflection. She slowly pulled back her hair to reveal a deep, bite. She ran a finger around it before proceeding to the kitchen to wash away the dried blood.

The house was empty of everyone, completely silent of any noise other then the running faucet, where she held a towel, wetting it. She then turned off the faucet and placed the towel gently onto the bite, cleaning off the blood.

Maroon jumps a bit as she hears the front door open and hears Caleb call out for her. She is about to respond when he runs into the kitchen to gap at her. His expression turns for relief that Maroon is alive, but then his face turns hard as he notices the towel place on her neck.

“What happened?” Caleb asks through gritted teeth, glaring at her neck. He didn’t move, but she could clearly see his body shaking in rage. 

“Viva bite me.” Maroon matter-of-factually said, before moving the towel back and smiled. “Don’t worry. The bleeding has stopped, I’m just cleaning the dried blood.” She smiled again, walking towards Caleb.

“What! Viva was here?” Caleb shouted, furious as he stalked towards her and grabbed the hand holding the towel and forced it away from her neck while he examined the bite. His eyes had already turned black with anger. 

Caleb growled deep in his throat as he glared at the bite, which now almost covered his mark, making it blend in with the bite, making the his mark almost non-existent. Caleb growled again.

“God damn it!” Caleb again shouted, still angry although Maroon didn’t understand why he was so upset. Moving away from Maroon, Caleb growled, trying to control his wolf as he flipped over the table, causing it to crash into the wall. Maroon let out a yelp and moved away, eyes wide. 

“Where the hell was Duke to stop all this?” Caleb shouted, storming upstairs. He should of known that Viva was going to return and that one guy, no matter what the strength, could stop him. Viva always got what he wanted. Maroon smiled at the thought of Viva. 

Things turned serious as she realized that she had to tell Caleb that Duke was dead, and the person she loved had killed him. It wasn’t Viva’s fault though, he was only protecting her. The only reason Viva left her here is because he knows that she’ll be save with Caleb and it isn’t time for her to come home. Maroon feels sad that she doesn’t get to see Viva for a while, but she doesn’t mind Caleb’s company all that much either. 

“Caleb,” Maroon whispered, looking down at the floor, sad that she was the one to share the news of Duke’s death. “Duke is dead.” She slowly looked up through her lashes at Caleb’s reaction. His mouth was the tiniest bit agape, but then closed and scowled.

“And why might that be? Your precious Viva kill him?” Caleb taunted. Maroon hated the way he was handling this, but nodded anyway.

“He was just protecting me.” Maroon whispered looking all the way up. 

Caleb swung his arms in the air in disbelief. “Protecting you? How the hell was he protecting you, Maroon?” Caleb shouted, storming over towards her scowling. He grabbed her forearms, startling her enough for her to look up at him, green eyes wide. “What happened to you Maroon? What did he do? Why are you acting like this? Protecting Viva? He wasn’t protecting you, Duke was! If Viva was protecting you so much, why do you have this bite on your neck? Tell me how he was protecting you!” Caleb shouted demandingly and viciously, shaking her.