Chapter Five

This chapter is dedicated to xXdemolitionloverXx because she is one.) the best werewolf writer on wattpad, 2.) she uploaded early, making my day complete now, 3.) she is just super awesome and kind, and last but not least, 4.) it's Valentine's Day so I thought I'd spread the love! :) You should check out her stories, if you haven't already that is. :)

[Not Edited]

Maroon’s eyes slowly opened as she felt her body lifted up. Blinking her green eyes, she saw Caleb was carrying her. She smiled as the shocks she felt were no longer painful, but pleasurable. She closed her eyes again as Caleb laid her down on her bed and pulled the blankets over her body. 

“Caleb?” Maroon whispered, turning to face him. Caleb stood next to the bed, looking down at her, his face expressionless.

“Yes Maroon?” he said, waiting. 

“I am sorry I lied to you and was so rude. You are giving me a place to stay and comfort and safety. I should be more grateful.” she confessed, looking down at her hand. Maroon placed her hand underneath her cheek and looked down. She heard Caleb start to laugh. Confused, she sat up and looked at him irritated. “Why are you laughing?” Maroon questioned. 

“I’m laughing at you, Maroon.” Caleb said, smiling and holding his stomach. Maroon frowned and turned around on her bed before plopping herself back down, huffing out a breath. 

Maroon apologizes, only to have him throw it back in her face. How rude! 

“No, no, no. Maroon don’t take it the wrong way.” Caleb said, his voice soft and quiet as she felt him sit on the bed to next to her. His hand touched her shoulder, sending pleasurable tingles and sparks through her body. Maroon held her breath at his touch and turned over so she was facing him. 

Maroon waited for Caleb to elaborate. He smiled down before meeting her eyes. 

“Maroon. I am sorry for laughing at you, I just think it is interesting that you think you have to apologize when I was the one who hurt you.” Caleb smiled, amused, his expression changed as he looked down, “I understand why you hid it from me. I wish you hadn’t, but it just shows I need to get you to trust me more. I don’t like the fact that Viva was in here either,” 

Maroon opened her mouth to say another lie, hoping to save Viva, but was stopped.

“Don’t try to lie. I know he was. I heard you say his name when you were hiding in the bathroom.” Caleb sternly said, staring into her eyes accusingly. She nodded her head looking down. It explains why he broke down the door and got so angry.

Caleb continued, “I don’t know what kind of connection you have with Viva, but Maroon listen to me. Listen carefully. Viva is bad news.” Maroon shook her head, disagreeing. Caleb clenched his jaw and paused for a few seconds before continuing. “I know you may think otherwise, but I’ve seen what he does to girls like you. You don’t want to end up like those girls Maroon. I won’t let you end up like those girls.”  

Maroon watched Caleb carefully. His long, blonde hair seemed tousled, like someone had run their hands through it dozens of times. His eyes changed from blue to dark grey again, lost in a memory. What had he meant when he said he knew what Viva had done? Other girls? Maroon didn’t know of anyone else but her. 

Maroon opened her mouth to ask, but again was cut off.

“Maroon, if I ask you a question. Do you promise to answer truthfully? No lies?” Caleb asked, looking up at her, his eyes back to their natural baby blue. Maroon searched his eyes for a minute before nodded.