Chapter 22: My Love, First Love

Lin Ah’s P.O.V

“Saranghae……….”

Chanyeol’s words echoed in my head as his suffering figure was slowly dropping to the ground. Despite all the pain that he went through, his words still expressed sweetness and loyalty, commitment and love…………

Love; can you explain what it is? Because I hardly can……..

What I only know is that, love is when there is someone you can never live without…

And that is exactly what I realized when the person I never knew I would love is now falling in front of me………..

When the person I never knew I would want is now unintentionally setting me free………….

Upon the falling of Chanyeol, another surprising view welcomed me. There I saw Luhan lying flat on the floor with excessive blood flowing out of his right shoulder. My mind went more than blank when I realized that he was shot as well. I started to tremble, shiver uncontrollably as tears were undeniably falling one after the other.

How come I have no idea about this?!!

Only then that I realized, I lost my care to the world when I saw Chanyeol falling to the ground. Only then that I realized that my ears involuntarily ignored what the world still has to say, refraining me from hearing the second bullet, the bullet that was directed to Luhan.

I looked at Ravine with eyes all red and swollen from crying. I wanted to shout, I wanted to burst, I wanted to be free, I wanted to be out from that place but the worst thing that entered my mind was that I actually wanted to kill. But something from inside me ignited when I saw Ravine shaking, when I saw her face actually expressing regret and apology.

………………………………………………………….

Ravine’s P.O.V

Everything happened so fast. I never expected this to happen; I DID NOT want this to happen. I was just threatening Lin Ah. I wasn’t going to shoot but then, as Chanyeol went to save Lin Ah from when he thought I was going to shoot her, Luhan unexpectedly tried snatching the gun from me so I accidentally pulled the trigger. The first bullet hit Chanyeol. My mind went all blank. I felt like collapsing when I realized that I shot him. But then, I not being on my right state of mind, when Luhan tried running towards their direction, one of my men patted my shoulder surprising me to accidentally pull the trigger once more. More than becoming blank, I think I just killed myself inside. I thought that I was just a rebellious protagonist, but it seems like I was just a merciless antagonist.

“I….I never intended to shoot. I- I was just………”

Tears…

Tears started falling from my eyes. Never, not even once in my life did I ever cry.

Not even when my father was comatose……….

Not even when my sister was lost……..

And not even when my mother died……