Chapter 25

Mal's P.O.V-
"Thanks Morgan." Alexis called as she ushered her out of the door before letting out a huge sigh.
"You ok?" I asked from my seat on the coach. But I already knew the answer it had been two weeks since the accident and I could tell she was stressed out with everything going on with Kling and I was worried she'd fall into old habits.
"Yeah." She lied, "You know you don't have to stay here right?" She sighed again as she plopped down on the coach next to me.
"Actually, I do and I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's on your mind."
"It'a just it's been two weeks they said she should have made a full recovery by now."
"She will eventually. I mean she woke up that was the hard part right?" I joked but quickly regretted as I stared at the dissatisfied look on her face.
"But what if she didn't?"
"What?" I asked thrown off guard by the sudden change of topic.
"What if she didn't wake up. What if she didn't get to the hospital fast enough? What if she died? And I wouldn't have even got to say goodbye?What if she died worrying about me?"
"Come." I demanded as I opened my arms motioning for her to sit on my lap before wrapping my arms around her small frame.
"Lex you can't keep blaming yourself like this. It's not your fault." I cooed as I ran my fingers through her hair.
"Then who's is it?" She sighed as she stuffed her head into my neck.
"I don't know baby girl. I don't know." I whispered before leaving a small kiss on her temple as a soft knock came from the door.
"Shh I've got it." I calmed her as I slid her off of me and headed towards the door.
"Hey Lex- oh Mal! It's nice to see you." Hope cried as I opened the door clearly in a better mood then the prior weeks.
"It's good to see you too Solo." I smiled before stepping aside to let her in.
"I didn't interrupt anything did I?"
"Oh no of course not. Hey Hope." Alexis sighed as she got up to hug the older woman.
"How are you?"
"I'm fine. Mal's been helping me."
"Yeah I can tell." She chuckled as she shot a playful glare that I'd seen way to many times my way before whipping back around. "How is she?"
"She just went to sleep. She's back there."
   "Thanks." She smiled before making her way towards the bedroom.
  Alexis let out a sigh as she collapsed back onto the couch before reaching out for me. I let my arms snake their way around her as she closed her eyes.

Hope's P.O.V-
  I walked slowly through the hall before finally reaching the room as her beautiful face came into view.
  I sat down in a chair not far from her head as I let my hands run through her coffee colored hair.
    When a small hand gripped my wrist as she looked up at me with wide eyes.
"Hope?"
"Yeah that's me." I sighed relieved that she didn't think I was a stranger. That she knew me. That she remembered me.
  "You remember me?" I asked shocked.
  "Of course I do Babe. What are you talking about." She chuckled. "Mal told me about you. Where were you?"
  "I was at home."
  "This is your home isn't it?" You stay with me right?" She asked rapidly spitting out question after question catching me off guards ,as I rushed to answer them all.
  "No not yet."
  "Can you stay with me?"
  "Maybe if that's what you want."
  "Can we go somewhere? Moe wouldn't let me."
   "Why?"
    "I don't know." She shrugged as she got out of the bed. "But I wanna go somewhere. Let's go on a date!"
    " A date?"
    " You are my girlfriend right." She joked before a serious look took over face. " You are right??"
   "Oh yeah yeah I am."
   "Good." She sighed, "Now let's go! Actually I have to pee then we go. K?" She asked before running into the bathroom.
  "Hey is everything ok?" I heard Mal's soft voice as she entered the room.
"Uh yeah." I replied, "Do you think Alexis would mine if we went out for awhile."
"No, of course not I think she needs a break anyway."
"Thanks Mal. It means a lot for you to be here for her like this."
"No problem. It's nice to have her around." She shrugged as she leaned up against the door post. As if she was trying to hide the fact that her heart had began to beat two times faster just at the mention of her name.
"Oh really is that it?" I smirked.
I could see right through her and she knew it as she stood up and began to shift her feet as if she trying to decide if she should stay or not.
"W- What do you mean?" She replied in a way that showed she had been spending way to much time with Kelley making sure to be as dramatic as possible.
"You don't just go around kissing people who are 'nice to have around' Mal" I chuckled. "So are you guys a thing or what?"
"I don't know. I don't even think she looks at me that way anyway. Everyone isn't as unbearably attractive as you Solo. Girls don't just come to me you know?" She laughed while she rubbed the back of her neck as if I had just given her the awkwardest sex talk known to man.
"Well we'll be gone for awhile seems like the perfect time to find out kiddo." I began to open my mouth to say more but I was quickly cut off by the sound of the door as Meghan stepped back into the room in skinny jeans a white tee and a blazer.
"Ready?"
"Yup bye ... Mal!" She exclaimed stopping mid sentence to stare at the younger girl as if she had already forgotten her name again.
"See you Pugh. Remember what I said when you got your first start you've got this. Be confident. Be assertive and don't let anyone tell you no. Actually scratch that she may say no, so don't force anything. Actually forget everything I said try Tobs or Ash they'd give better advice then I ever will." I whispered to her as we made our way to the door.
"Oh! Or Abby try Abby! Actually don't. Um maybe Pinoe?"
"Yeah right. So she can make up a ridiculous ship."She joked.
"Sorry to break it to you but that ship sailed a long time ago Mallory." I shouted as I made my way to the car and watched Kling pull impatiently at her hair from the passenger seat.
"Wait what?" She yelled down the drive way clearly unaware of how fast news spreads through the team.
"Bye!" I shouted back before hoping in the car and pulling out of the driveway completely unaware of where I was going next.
---------------------------------------------
I KNOW. I KNOW I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER! I'm not gonna make up an excuse because I honestly don't have one. But I'll be updating a lot more often now! Also if you have any suggestions or thoughts about what you think should happen next feel free to comment!
P.S- MEX IS RISING PEOPLE!