Anna's Final Letter - Chapter 7

Author's Notes:

A little bit of memories in this chapter ;)

------------------------------------------------

Anna's Final Letter - Chapter 7:

At the end of the day, I load Anna's books into the car with my Dad. He doesn't say anything to me, but I think he knows that it's important to me that I have Anna's things instead of her father. Our parents have only met once, before Anna's Mum left to god-knows-where. It was awkward, to say the least.

We drive back in silence too.

*****

The following day, the process repeats again, except this time I bring an extra cardboard box and my Dad brings a packed lunch - he can't afford to eat out at restaurants every day.

I decide that today I am going to bring Anna's clothes home. I begin well, only occasionally burying my face in her clothes; they smell of lemon and faintly of her.

It was when I pulled out a Bring Me The Horizon T-Shirt that I immersed myself in memories.

She wore that top to the first concert we went to together. She kept telling me excitedly that Oli Sykes was "Pretty cute, but not as cute as Andy Biersack, but that was beside the point, because Oli is awesome". I was offended, to say the least. When she saw my over-exaggerated sad face, she said "But nowhere near as cute as you, Blakey," before kissing me. As difficult as it was to break away, I did, but only to ask, "Blakey? What the hell?" She knew I hated that nickname. She just laughed at my expression and kissed me again.

I laugh at the memory while neatly folding the top and placing it into the box. Anna wouldn't want me to have just chucked it in like I normally did with my clothes.

The last item I pack away is a blue hoodie that I had almost completely forgotten about and had begun to think I had lost. But I'm only angry for a little while, as Anna looked better in it than me and I remembered that weekend:

We were camping with my family for the weekend, and Anna and I were roasting marshmallows. Anna started moaning non-stop about being cold. Being the "selfish bugger" - as she often called me - I was reluctant to give her my lovely warm hoodie. But after about half an hour of her moaning and nagging, I pulled off my hoodie and gave it to her. I could tell that she had been waiting for that moment all along. Although I was now very cold, I was glad that I didn't have to listen to her whining and moaning, saying"I'm cold" every 2 seconds.

The next day, I demanded to have my hoodie back, but she just replied with "No, I like it, so I'm keeping it." When I saw it left unattended on a bench, I snuck it into the bottom of my bag which I kept in my tent.

Less than 10 minutes later, I saw Anna wearing the hoodie again. "Nice attempt at hiding it, Blake," she grinned. I growled in frustration before rugby-tackling her to the ground.

       "Give. Me. My. Hoodie. Back. Now," I whined in her ear like a 3 year old.

She kept the hoodie.

*****

       "Someone's happy," I hear my Dad say as I pack the last box into the car.

       "Yeah, I am," I give him my biggest smile.

       "Do you want to go get some pizza?"

       "YES!" I say too enthusiastically. I had worked up an appetite today; Anna had a LOT more clothes than I had anticipated.